Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems Minor question
Hey everyone!

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before!

I want to get this degree at UMPI

Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems Minor

I currently have about 20 to 25 college credits plus about 5 CLEP exams completed.

I'd like to minimize my cost as much as possible, but do this as fast as is reasonably possible.

Should I enroll at https://www.sophia.org/ and take as many classes as possible there first before enrolling/applying to UMPI?

What is the best course of action to take?

Thanks in advance
Dave
Yes, the best option is to take Sophia.org, if you are very close to a CLEP testing center, then take MS/CLEP instead as I would not recommend their online testing option with a proctoring system that has a bad history with data breaches... make sure not to duplicate your current credits from CLEP/Community college. Once you're done with these from Sophia or CLEP/MS, then you should focus on a science course with lab, I suggest Study.com Bio 101L or Chem 111L, you can take an extra course during that month membership to take full advantage of the 2 courses/month. Take either the Spanish CLEP or InstantCertCredit Spanish I unless you want to cram that into the same month with Study.com...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you! My game plan is to take as many Sophia courses as I can, then once complete submit everything along with college transcripts and CLEPS to UMPI.

I plan to use this list to decide what to take at Sophia

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Also, do you happen to know what the minimum/the easiest math course that is allowed/accepted at UMPI? To graduate
(09-24-2021, 01:06 AM)davemodular Wrote: Thank you! My game plan is to take as many Sophia courses as I can, then once complete submit everything along with college transcripts and CLEPS to UMPI.

Also, do you happen to know what the minimum/the easiest math course that is allowed/accepted at UMPI? To graduate

I would not just randomly take every Sophia credit - that's not going to be nearly as helpful as planning out your credits more carefully.

You need to figure out what will cover the GEC, and for certain if you don't already have a lab science, then Sophia is not going to cover that for you.  If you've already taken courses, some Sophia courses may overlap things you already have.

So, go ahead and create a spreadsheet of the requirements, plug in the courses you already have, then plan the Sophia courses that will cover anything else.  THEN, if you still need a lab science, take that and 1 other course at Study.com.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-24-2021, 01:06 AM)davemodular Wrote: Thank you! My game plan is to take as many Sophia courses as I can, then once complete submit everything along with college transcripts and CLEPS to UMPI.

The absolute easiest math courses are Sophia's Algebra and/or Statistics. They're both open-book and well-written. Several students here have been able to finish one or both of them in spite of being bad at math or thinking that they are bad at math. If you do Statistics, make sure you watch the videos and don't just read the text. It will be much easier that way.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 376 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 455 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 520 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,062 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,284 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 894 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,766 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 361 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fish and Wildlife Management options Daniel14 13 452 04-04-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 558 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM