Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
(03-07-2024, 06:03 AM)ishady Wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:49 PM)grogers14 Wrote: Name: BUS330 Marketing Management/Fundamentals of Marketing 
Subject: Business 
Semester/Term: Summer 2 2023 
Instructor: Darrat
Long or Short?: Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?: Yes
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Milestone Activities: N/A 
Type of Final Assessment: 78 Question MC Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts:

Copy all the results for all quizzes in a Google Doc/Word Doc and use them to study .

When you miss a question, there's a blurb that highlights why the correct answer was the correct answer which you can use to pinpoint where in the course materials to study.

With the adaptives, there's a question ‘bank’ for each concept/sub-concept . You will only get more of the questions from the ‘bank’ if you ‘fail’ the adaptive, so I recommend intentionally failing the quizzes maybe once or twice to try and get the most questions to add to your google/word doc . 
Thanks for BUS 330 review. I will take it next Spring 2 term.  Big Grin

This info is from when the courses were on Strut. UMPI moved off of Strut and no longer has exams so none of this info is relevant today.
(03-07-2024, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 06:03 AM)ishady Wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:49 PM)grogers14 Wrote: Name: BUS330 Marketing Management/Fundamentals of Marketing 
Subject: Business 
Semester/Term: Summer 2 2023 
Instructor: Darrat
Long or Short?: Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?: Yes
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Milestone Activities: N/A 
Type of Final Assessment: 78 Question MC Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts:

Copy all the results for all quizzes in a Google Doc/Word Doc and use them to study .

When you miss a question, there's a blurb that highlights why the correct answer was the correct answer which you can use to pinpoint where in the course materials to study.

With the adaptives, there's a question ‘bank’ for each concept/sub-concept . You will only get more of the questions from the ‘bank’ if you ‘fail’ the adaptive, so I recommend intentionally failing the quizzes maybe once or twice to try and get the most questions to add to your google/word doc . 
Thanks for BUS 330 review. I will take it next Spring 2 term.  Big Grin

This info is from when the courses were on Strut. UMPI moved off of Strut and no longer has exams so none of this info is relevant today.
Does anyone have any information on Education courses for the BLS education major degree?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FunNgames's post:
  • RachelB
Name: BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting
Subject: Business Accounting
Semester/Term: Spring 1 - 2024
Instructor: Stacey Emery
Long or Short?: Long (could be medium or short for accounting person)
Number of Outcomes: 7
Adaptive Outcomes?: Not adaptive but 3 quizzes that do not show the correct answe after, so you only have 3 chances
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: answer some Managerial Accounting questions from UMPI sources or outside (it's a common Managerial Accounting stuff so whichever the sources are the same)
Type of Final Assessment: answer 3 questions in Word and 10 problems in Excel
Notes & Overall Thoughts: for non managerial accounting people, I suggest consult Managerial Accounting tutors. Because the final already open from the first time, I suggest work on the final while doing the milestones. Some accounting tutors can not explain this Managerial Accounting things, so must be a specific Managerial Accounting tutors. The professor is nice to chat with the email if you have problems in the class or in your personal life. Communication is essential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ishady's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-12-2024, 12:37 AM)FunNgames Wrote: Does anyone have any information on Education courses for the BLS education major degree?

On the Discord ashkir created, there's a whole channel dedicated to the BLS with Educational Studies Minor.
Here's the link to the discord: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-YourPace
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • RachelB
Hello everyone, I'm new here and still navigating through my courses. I've completed BUS 260 and BUS 240, both of which required writing three milestone papers and quizzes along the way, with the finals being papers as well. Now I'm on the lookout for similar short classes to complete. Can anyone provide insight into the length and format of the following courses I need to take: BUS 321, BUS 415, EDU 350, BUS 307, BUS 341, BUS 335, PSY 355, and BUS 469? Any tips on finding classes with a similar structure to BUS 260 and BUS 240 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Since I'm earning my BLS with the major in management I'm willing to switch it out for any other business class if needed but it has to be upper division.
(03-20-2024, 03:37 AM)theea Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm new here and still navigating through my courses. I've completed BUS 260 and BUS 240, both of which required writing three milestone papers and quizzes along the way, with the finals being papers as well. Now I'm on the lookout for similar short classes to complete. Can anyone provide insight into the length and format of the following courses I need to take: BUS 321, BUS 415, EDU 350, BUS 307, BUS 341, BUS 335, PSY 355, and BUS 469? Any tips on finding classes with a similar structure to BUS 260 and BUS 240 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Since I'm earning my BLS with the major in management I'm willing to switch it out for any other business class if needed but it has to be upper division.

If you review this thread, Dr Z class is the fastest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ivanswk78's post:
  • Dnightowl
BUS 330 Marketing Management (Brighspace)
Name: BUS 330 Marketing Management
Subject: Business/Marketing
Semester/Term: Spring Term 2 2024
Instructor: Dr. Mohamad Darrat
Long or Short?: Medium / Short
Number of Outcomes: 7 (if including intro and final then 9)
Adaptive Outcomes?: No 
Number of Milestone Activities: 6
Type of Milestone Activities: 2 pages single spaced essay (APA) about marketing plan. Half of the milestones will be part of the final with no or little modification
Type of Final Assessment: 12-15 pages (whatever spaced) marketing plan about a project, i.e the same as the milestones
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Prof. Darrat is a kind person. He review milestones fast and perhaps gave reviews (mine no review at all). The topic is a common sense business one with enough sources from the class', no need for outside sources. The class is an easy one to get an A. Final already been done in parts with the milestones so not too cumbersome.

BUS 244 Management Information System (Brightspace)
Name:  BUS 244 Management Information System
Subject: Business/Computer theory for business (not about hardcore hardware or software, no computer knowledge needed)
Semester/Term: Spring Term 2 2024
Instructor: Professor Javed Siddiqui
Long or Short?: Medium / Short
Number of Outcomes: 3
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: 450-750 word essay (APA/MLA) about how to solve business problem based on the limited sources from the class
Type of Final Assessment: 1500-2000 words essay about some problems with sources from the class
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Professor Siddiqui is a kind person although he review the milestones very late, he is an easy grader

HTY 116 World Civilization II (Brightspace)
Name: HTY 116 World Civilization II 
Subject: History
Semester/Term: Spring Term 2 2024
Instructor: Dr. Kimberly Sebold
Long or Short?: Long / Medium
Number of Outcomes: 8
Number of Milestone Activities: 5 (all parts of the final)
Type of Milestone Activities: 400 words essay (MLA) about history skill with sources exclusively from the class
Type of Final Assessment: 2800 words essay about the same topics of the milestones
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Dr. Sebold is a kind person who review milestones fast and might give a good review (mine all ok so no modification needed). Final already been done in parts with the milestones so not too cumbersome. She is also a great grader, easy to get an A
[-] The following 1 user Likes ishady's post:
  • Pikachu
This thread provides a wealth of useful information. I have read through this thread hoping to find guidance on which upper level business courses to take. I need at least five upper level business courses and one unrestricted elective in addition to Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and PCJ 215. I'm planning to get an MBA so GPA is much more important than speed. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Are the reviews prior to the switch to Brightspace still relevant?

How much difference does the new platform make?

Some of the courses I was interested in had exams. Are all exams replaced by papers?

Is it possible to pick your professor if your course is taught by more than one professor or are students assigned to the courses they select randomly?

What is the significance of "Number of Outcomes" and "Adaptive Outcomes"?

Neither Bus 355 Investment Management nor Bus 341 Entrepreneurship are listed in the Spring 24 YourPace catalog. Are those courses still offered. Are they worthwhile?

How do I enroll in Bus 440 Business Analytics without taking the prerequisite Bus 244?

Sophia's Workplace Communication was transferred as Bus 210 instead of PCJ 215. The course description is very similar but Jessica won't budge. Is there a way to get a waiver? I hate to repeat a course that doesn't align with my career plans.

Does anyone have any experience with:
Bus 433 E-commerce and Social Media Marketing
Bus 430 Global Marketing
BUS 337 Integrated Marketing Communications
BUS 334 Advertising and Public Relations
Bus 330 Marketing Management

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SophiaPrincess's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-29-2024, 06:53 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: This thread provides a wealth of useful information. I have read through this thread hoping to find guidance on which upper level business courses to take.  I need at least five upper level business courses and one unrestricted elective in addition to Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and PCJ 215. I'm planning to get an MBA so GPA is much more important than speed.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Some of the courses I was interested in had exams. Are all exams replaced by papers?

Is it possible to pick your professor if your course is taught by more than one professor or are students assigned to the courses they select randomly?

Neither Bus 355 Investment Management  nor Bus 341 Entrepreneurship are listed in the Spring 24 YourPace catalog. Are those courses still offered. Are they worthwhile?

How do I enroll in Bus 440 Business Analytics without taking the prerequisite Bus 244?

Sophia's Workplace Communication was transferred as Bus 210 instead of PCJ 215. The course description is very similar but Jessica won't budge. Is there a way to get a waiver? I hate to repeat a course that doesn't align with my career plans.

Bus 430 Global Marketing

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Hello,
I can answer part of your questions:
Some said it's irrelevant.

I forgot the previous platform look liked but the transformation is easy. I think the old one I wrote the essay on the platform or write on Word and then copy paste to it. In Brightspace, I upload the Word/Excel/PPT assignments to the platform. 

As long as I experienced, yes, but I am not sure about MAT 140.

Can not choose a professor, but perhaps you could ask the advisor who the instructor is, and you can wait until your favorite instructors come up?

"Number of Outcomes" is the courses' chapter. "Adaptive Outcomes" is the adaptive quizzes such as in the previous platform. 

Neither Bus 355 Investment Management  nor Bus 341 Entrepreneurship are listed in the Spring 24 YourPace catalog. Are those courses still offered. Are they worthwhile?
-

-

Try to contact your special advisor besides Jessica, in mine, she is Susan Michaud (who responsible for Business degree). In my case I got a waiver for Biology and Lab classes after I contacted her and she asked me to send the transcript and syllabus to the transfer department.

Bus 430 Global Marketing
I just finished BUS 330 Marketing Management, it's an easy-medium class, the professor is kind and an easy grader. Essentially, you just explain marketing based on projects in concern of the reading sources and our logic/common sense.

Thank you and good luck.
[-] The following 2 users Like ishady's post:
  • Pikachu, SophiaPrincess

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing UMPI vs Study.com Ljanelle 7 201 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ljanelle
  UMPI BA in Psychology PsychMomof2 2 127 07-24-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 394 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
  European studying umpi your pace . MuneebAzhar 53 2,588 07-23-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 15 1,229 07-23-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Kab
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 76 8,698 07-22-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Old Guy
  sohpia transfer to umpi crowbird 7 322 07-22-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  UMPI CBE Bachelor program. Sum007@ 10 805 07-21-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Sophia to UMPI agelakis. gio 10 358 07-21-2024, 11:04 AM