Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI TESU and SNHU evaluations
(02-19-2021, 12:35 PM)oroseeo Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:25 AM)oroseeo Wrote: InstantCert’s Spanish course is done Just have to wait a couple of days for my rpnow to be reviewed and I’m good to go. Love Instantcert btw I’ve already done a couple courses through them and this one I breezed through since I knew most of the content. Plus can’t go wrong for $35 in the comfort of my own home. [mention]ss20ts [/mention] I’ll let you know once it’s officially accepted at UMPI.

I’ve contemplated taking the ACTFL but since I was going for a business degree it never made sense to drop the extra money.

This will officially put me at 12 courses at UMPI. Wish I could be down to 10 but I don’t know if that’s feasible with what I have left requirement wise so I guess I’ll just twiddle my thumbs till 3/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be paying the same at UMPI for 10 classes and 12 classes unless you take an extra term. 

I know I’m just hoping to finish in 2 terms but work will be crazy the next couple of months so I’m not sure how many classes I’ll be able to crank out.

I think I’m bringing in most of the easier courses. This is what I’ll have left. I have to ask about Operations Management since I have an upper level credit that I did for that but it didn’t transfer over.

Course Course Name
BUS 244 Management Information Systems
BUS 240 Change Management
BIO 105 Biology w/ Lab
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 321 Human Resource Management
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 415 Operations Management
HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy

(02-19-2021, 08:53 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I think I’m bringing in most of the easier courses. This is what I’ll have left. I have to ask about Operations Management since I have an upper level credit that I did for that but it didn’t transfer over.

Course       Course Name
BUS 244 Management Information Systems
BUS 240 Change Management
BIO 105 Biology w/ Lab
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 321 Human Resource Management
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 415 Operations Management
HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy

What was the course you brought over? 
Program management from DAU which looks to be an upper level operations management course. I’m going to ask if they can take a look over the ACE description and see if it fits. If not no biggie.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a378a3a

(02-19-2021, 11:47 PM)oroseeo Wrote: Program management from DAU which looks to be an upper level operations management course. I’m going to ask if they can take a look over the ACE description and see if it fits. If not no biggie.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pages/Course.aspx?org=Defense%20Acquisition%20University&cid=4b5d4ff0-93c4-ea11-a812-000d3a378a3a

I've taken Operations Management at UMPI and this course description doesn't match up with anything covered in Operations Management at UMPI. This course may fall under the category of operations management like how there are classes that fall under accounting, finance, and human resources. You can ask, but I think it will come in as a business elective not Operations Management. Just because DAU calls it UL doesn't UMPI or any school will consider it a UL course. They may and they may not. Each school determines what courses are LL and UL. They don't go by the listing on ACE. I would definitely send the transcript so you get credit for it even as a business elective. You'll need general electives for your degree anyway and if it comes as UL, then that's one less UL course to take. 
(02-20-2021, 02:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:47 PM)oroseeo Wrote: Program management from DAU which looks to be an upper level operations management course. I’m going to ask if they can take a look over the ACE description and see if it fits. If not no biggie.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pages/Course.aspx?org=Defense%20Acquisition%20University&cid=4b5d4ff0-93c4-ea11-a812-000d3a378a3a

I've taken Operations Management at UMPI and this course description doesn't match up with anything covered in Operations Management at UMPI. This course may fall under the category of operations management like how there are classes that fall under accounting, finance, and human resources. You can ask, but I think it will come in as a business elective not Operations Management. Just because DAU calls it UL doesn't UMPI or any school will consider it a UL course. They may and they may not. Each school determines what courses are LL and UL. They don't go by the listing on ACE. I would definitely send the transcript so you get credit for it even as a business elective. You'll need general electives for your degree anyway and if it comes as UL, then that's one less UL course to take. 

Totally understand this. I’ve had about 5 evaluations and understand that at the end of the day it’s at the schools discretion to bring in credits as they see fit. I’ve also been a long time lurker here and have seen it work out in people’s favor to ask questions. I’ve already had my eval with UMPI and this one did come back as a business elective. My advisor was open to talking about anything that I thought should’ve come in as something that did not so I figured it’s worth a talk but not a deal breaker if it doesn’t come in as such.

FYI Spanish I from instantcert has been transferred into UMPI without issues.

[-] The following 1 user Likes oroseeo's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-23-2021, 04:25 AM)oroseeo Wrote: FYI Spanish I from instantcert has been transferred into UMPI without issues.

Great to know!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 175 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 174 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 125 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 508 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Is UMPI my most affordable option? tastyoat 12 472 03-18-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,921 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM