Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI transfer plan
I've been soaking in as much info as possible and have a plan that I've already started on, the goal being a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Management & Leadership Concentration from UMPI.

I'm following ashkir's spreadsheet linked here:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQB...340f80ed57

Awesome sheet and very easy to follow! 

Couple questions:  For the elective classes that I will transfer over to UMPI - Can I take any class that Sophia offers? Also, Is anything on that spreadsheet no longer valid/outdated?

My plan is to get through all these various classes from Sophia, Study.com and Instantcert. I would then apply and transfer them to UMPI for the next start period, which I'm guessing is in late October?

I'd like to thank all of you for providing priceless information to help with this. Seriously, I'd be absolutely lost without this place.
Following ----
If it helps the official database of sorts is available

https://www.maine.edu/students/transfer-guides/

Go to transfer equivalency -> Main Menu -> Transfer course equivalencies -> Transfer courses or test credit and follow the prompts...

They are processing my transfers as we speak, I'm carrying a bunch from Sophia so will confirm when I get it through...
UMPI - BLS (Management and Political Science) - Start Aug 2022
Sophia - 64 Credits - Most classes done
Saylor - Intro to Poli Sci, Intro to Comparitive Politics, Customer Service
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate
There is one change in provider, InstantCertCredit is getting out of the ACE credit, the courses that are mentioned to be taken through them should go through Sophia.org and Study.com, it's easier to stick with those two providers as your one, two punch... the rest should come from UMPI, I would make sure to update your personal spreadsheet with at minimum 10 courses at UMPI and to verify 24 upper level are showing in your spreadsheet template.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Mr T
InstantCert's American Government and Spanish are gone so you can't take them there. Spanish is now available on Sophia. Psychology and Sociology have changed on Sophia since ashkir attended. The current courses still transfer just not the same as the previous courses. American Government you can complete at UMPI in just a few days so don't worry about finding it elsewhere.
(08-10-2022, 11:51 AM)ss20ts Wrote: InstantCert's American Government and Spanish are gone so you can't take them there. Spanish is now available on Sophia. Psychology and Sociology have changed on Sophia since ashkir attended. The current courses still transfer just not the same as the previous courses. American Government you can complete at UMPI in just a few days so don't worry about finding it elsewhere.

A few days ? Can you give something of an outline how American Govt works from UMPI ? I was going to take it through IC but....yeah....that and my spanish are down the tubes. Getting through Sophia Spanish now....
The course content takes maybe a few hours to read. The Final Assessment is a 3-5 page paper. I wrote mine in a couple of hours. Submitted the rough draft. Heard back the next day to submit it as is for the Final Assessment. I was completely done in 3 days. Several people on here completed the course in less than a week. It's one of the easiest courses in YourPace.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • clj626
Hey everyone, you all have provided a TON of info for me.  My plan is to apply to UMPI for a BABA in the next few weeks and transfer in credits. Tell me if I'm in good shape and maybe recommend anything I seem to be missing that I could transfer. I would like to complete UMPI's program in 1-2 sessions.

I have completed:

Study.com:
Biology 101L (with lab)
Business 312 Advanced operations mgmt

Sophia:
Intro to Business
Intro to Ethics
Macro and Microeconomics
Financial Accounting
US History I
US History II
Intro to Web Development
Project Mgmt
Visual Communications
Art History II
Art History I
Environmental Science
Intro to Sociology
Intro to IT
Principles of Finance
Communication at Work
Business Law
Principles of Mgmt
College Algebra
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Spanish I

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will this plan get me into UMPI and then Law School? khp2011 0 13 50 minutes ago
Last Post: khp2011
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 123 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 180 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 586 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 141 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 493 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 653 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,269 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 297 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 565 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP