Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NSA Grant for Free Cyber Workforce Training and Certification(USA Citizens Only
(08-05-2021, 09:18 AM)RiverM Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 10:05 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 09:24 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I just finished the IT placement exam.  A lot of programming stuff on the second exam, which I don't normally do, but I passed both. Waiting to see what they throw at me next.

I think you're good to go now. They should be reaching out soon(or you email them) to get signed up for classes. Based on how many transferrable certs you have already, you should only have a few classes left.

Have you figured out how they assign you to a track? I haven't been able to figure much out about that.

When I applied for the program, part of the application process included selecting a preference order for the different programs.  I assume you get selected based on your preferences compared to the number of available slots.

And this is exciting, I just received the following email:

"Dear John,

Congratulations!  You have completed all admissions steps to be admitted to the Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training program for our Regular Session 1:  August 16, 2021 – October 10, 2021 in the Digital Forensics training track. "

They've asked for some additional information to prove that the certifications I have are not expired, and a program advisor should be reaching out to me to schedule my first class.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • MNomadic
(08-06-2021, 05:22 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 09:18 AM)RiverM Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 10:05 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 09:24 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I just finished the IT placement exam.  A lot of programming stuff on the second exam, which I don't normally do, but I passed both. Waiting to see what they throw at me next.

I think you're good to go now. They should be reaching out soon(or you email them) to get signed up for classes. Based on how many transferrable certs you have already, you should only have a few classes left.

Have you figured out how they assign you to a track? I haven't been able to figure much out about that.

When I applied for the program, part of the application process included selecting a preference order for the different programs.  I assume you get selected based on your preferences compared to the number of available slots.

And this is exciting, I just received the following email:

"Dear John,

Congratulations!  You have completed all admissions steps to be admitted to the Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training program for our Regular Session 1:  August 16, 2021 – October 10, 2021 in the Digital Forensics training track. "

They've asked for some additional information to prove that the certifications I have are not expired, and a program advisor should be reaching out to me to schedule my first class.

Nice, I'm glad they were able to get you in on this session. They had an orientation the other day but it was recorded so if/when you get a mentor, they should link you to that and some other resources.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • jamshid666
Finished all of the placement tests yesterday. Just received an email confirming my admission to the upcoming session starting August 16, in my preferred track of Digital Forensics. Excited for this program!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverM's post:
  • MNomadic
(06-26-2021, 05:57 PM)MNomadic Wrote: *Disclaimer: They're prioritizing military/veterans but also law enforcement/first responders, and females/minorities. It doesn't hurt to apply, but those are the main groups they're targetting.*

The program itself is being run by a collaboration of several colleges/universities. The site I signed up on is through Purdue University Northwest, but it looks like my initial courses will be through Ivy Tech. 

There are 3 tracks. Each includes 6 courses but 3 are standard across all the programs. 

Cybersecurity Artificial Intelligence

Cybersecurity System Administration

Cybersecurity Digital Forensics

Main Program Page

FAQs

I just applied!

(07-19-2021, 07:34 PM)sanantone Wrote: As far as I know, you only need to prove citizenship and affiliation with the military or a first responder organization. I uploaded my birth certificate, SF50 showing law enforcement employment with the federal government, and my membership letter for the Coast Guard Auxiliary. There's an English, STEM (math), and IT test.

They don't seem to care about transcripts because they make everyone take the placement tests.

I’m in the Auxiliary too. Wanted to keep serving after I got out.
Got Accepted to the Louisville Program. Still waiting to hear back from Purdue
(08-31-2021, 08:38 PM)billalsobrook Wrote: Got Accepted to the Louisville Program. Still waiting to hear back from Purdue

Have to wait on Ivy Tech to send me my Login info.  From the email saying they had reviewed my application: "You will should receive an email from another CWCT team member in 7-10 days."  Then the assessments  need to be done by the 25th to start in October.  I applied for the Forensics and Sys Admin Tracks.

Just a heads up also from my email: WAITLIST FOR NON-PRIORITY REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY MARCH 22
Apparently they are rather generous with what counts as a first responder. A friend of mine applied and provided evidence of when he did a volunteer internship with his local EMT back when he was in high school, and it was good enough to get him accepted with an October start date.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
I am now through with all the assessments. Just waiting on the final word
Here's a link to a different NSA grant funded cybersecurity workforce development program: https://louisville.edu/education/nsacybersecurity/
Their cohorts are filled until March 2022 and right now they're only accepting military/veterans/first responders.

Also, there's a bunch of grant funded cyber summer camps for highschoolers: https://www.gen-cyber.com/
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • katsiki
Got accepted to the PNW program in October. Forensics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free courses Openminded Data science/AI and privacy blablablox 0 28 2 hours ago
Last Post: blablablox
  Starbucks ASU FREE Online Courses with Certificate lisarox 2 220 04-26-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 174 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,235 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,054 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,260 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,576 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 698 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,836 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,151 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane