Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Public buys Rasmussen U!
Well, well... hopefully nursing would become more affordable with this purchase...
This article is a couple of weeks old, I just had time to review it.

Wow, from the looks of things APUS as we know it, is growing and putting more effort into the Nursing fields.
Hopefully again, it'll be a good purchase and a better solution for students seeking an affordable program.

Link: https://www.educationdive.com/news/ameri...nt/588167/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • indigoshuffle
I don't know. A co-worker got her LPN from a for-profit school about 15 years ago. Then she had trouble finding a job. One place said they didn't like the candidates who came out of programs like that. She ended up working in a psych hospital. She'd tell humorous stories about a guy who ate his own feces, so at least she found it entertaining.

When the demand is strong, folks might get in the field after going to schools like this. When the demand for nurses etc. is lower, I think folks from B&M schools will be chosen before folks who earned their degrees online will be.
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing there is currently a shortage of nurses in the US that is expected to last at least through 2029. I believe the landscape has changed dramatically in the last 15 years.

Just saying.

https://www.aacnnursing.org/news-informa...g-shortage
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

WHO also said that there is a worldwide shortage of medical professionals (nurses, technicians, and doctors) and that's expected to last a good long while. This was before the pandemic even hit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hopefully this means Rasmussen's CBE programs will then be allowed in NY and RI. They have a master's degree I'm interested in, but the program isn't open to NY students. Sad
For the ADN (RN) degree, it looks like you'd have to go to one of the campuses where they have in-person instruction, which makes this hard to work for most people.

I know in CA, the LPN-to-RN programs are very limited, and once you get your RN it is "marked" as being a former LPN, and does not transfer out of state. It's like paying the money for an RN and then having a big red flag on your account - makes the degree not very useful. You're much better off just doing a straight RN program.

But the RN-to-BSN is probably the thing that will be most popular. And you can find those in a lot of places for fairly cheap.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-17-2020, 08:40 AM)LongRoad Wrote: I don't know. A co-worker got her LPN from a for-profit school about 15 years ago. Then she had trouble finding a job. One place said they didn't like the candidates who came out of programs like that. She ended up working in a psych hospital. She'd tell humorous stories about a guy who ate his own feces, so at least she found it entertaining.

When the demand is strong, folks might get in the field after going to schools like this. When the demand for nurses etc. is lower, I think folks from B&M schools will be chosen before folks who earned their degrees online will be.

RN is a bit different. 
15 years ago was long ago.
The founder of modern nursing was a psychiatric nurse, ALL forms of nursing are important to public health.
The nursing shortage is real, and not going anywhere, places will hire you if you have a license.
(11-17-2020, 08:40 AM)LongRoad Wrote: I don't know. A co-worker got her LPN from a for-profit school about 15 years ago. Then she had trouble finding a job. One place said they didn't like the candidates who came out of programs like that. She ended up working in a psych hospital. She'd tell humorous stories about a guy who ate his own feces, so at least she found it entertaining.

15 years ago was an eternity in medical and academia. COVID has forever changed both industries. 

My cousin got her bachelor's degree from an online school last year. She was already a RN with an associate degree. No problem finding a new job which was an advancement.
That are amazing news!
More nurses are needed around and I do not think that anybody today is going to have a problem finding a job as a nurse in any western country if you have your degree and license.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,942 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 31 4,747 02-20-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: lahill3law
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,297 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,196 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Masters in Public Admin Mike Williams 11 1,755 06-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: teejayb
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,290 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 615 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 500 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Most underemployed majors according to the U.S. Census American Community Survey sanantone 33 2,833 09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  From 3 Struggling Public Colleges, a New University Emerges LevelUP 2 742 08-24-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: allvia