Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreal Engine 4: Next Gen Gaming
Hey everyone,

Recently a few videos displaying the latest "Unreal Engine" have been released. Game engines are used for the production of games, and these videos were put out to showcase what this new video game engine is capable of. If any of you are interested in gaming, you'll love this. Even if you don't play games, you may be impressed with the level of realism that games are able to put out these days. I'm beginning to wonder how much further we can develop gaming. I'm not saying this because it's the latest and greatest of our generation; as a kid playing the latest and greatest it was still easy to distinguish that the images on the screen were from a video game; it's almost hard to tell this video came from a video game engine.

Check it out:
[video=youtube;rf045VYP3z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf045VYP3z4&feature=player_detailpage#t=10[/video]
Well, you and everyone else are in luck, as it's now free: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free
OfficerA Wrote:Well, you and everyone else are in luck, as it's now free: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free

Very cool! I know nothing about game design but it might be fun to tinker with. Thanks for sharing.
wow that looks incredible
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
The new engine is looking great. Epic have always pushed things forward, I still remember being blown away by Unreal 1 on a 3DFX Voodoo 2 SLI setup.
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
Kaskadian Wrote:Very cool! I know nothing about game design but it might be fun to tinker with. Thanks for sharing.

No such thing as tinkering in program design...:reddevil:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Gaming August 2022 - StarCraft Remastered + 4 other games bjcheung77 1 619 05-17-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: koliooas
  Budget Gaming Laptop - Performance & Value bjcheung77 7 1,238 05-15-2020, 02:07 PM
Last Post: EvilSandman