Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on courses!
Hi what’s going on everyone?

I just wanted to post an update on how I’ve been doing. I completed all the free courses and 3 study.com courses so far ( Political science 102, intro to sociology 101, and Intro to literature course. So far things have been going well with study.com. It’s a lot much reading and quizzes, but I completed each course in a week. I haven’t had my credits evaluated yet because my community college won’t send me an official transcript yet. I was wondering what classes I should take next. Anyone have any suggestions on a easy classes on study.com that will be accepted by TESU. Which class will be accepted by TESU for communications? Also is there a timeframe where i should get my free courses and study.com course evaluated? When should I aim towards completing this for the cheapest amount of money. Thanks everyone for all the help!!
[-] The following 2 users Like jdiaz414's post:
  • cookderosa, slmartin
You should pay the residency waiver in June and graduate within a year, since the waiver is expected to increase a bunch.

You haven't attached an updated template of what's missing, we can't recommend courses unless we know you've not taken them yet... otherwise, they'll duplicate. Further to that, you should take courses only required, don't take courses that are still waiting to be transferred in from the community college. Paste your spreadsheet with the updates and pending transfers, leave the ones you need blank... we'll try to fill in the blanks with cheap/easy/fast courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • slmartin
(02-01-2018, 12:50 PM)jdiaz414 Wrote: Hi what’s going on everyone?

I just wanted to post an update on how I’ve been doing. I completed all the free courses and 3 study.com courses so far ( Political science 102, intro to sociology 101, and Intro to literature course. So far things have been going well with study.com. It’s a lot much reading and quizzes, but I completed each course in a week. I haven’t had my credits evaluated yet because my community college won’t send me an official transcript yet. I was wondering what classes I should take next. Anyone have any suggestions on a easy classes on study.com that will be accepted by TESU. Which class will be accepted by TESU for communications? Also is there a timeframe where i should get my free courses and study.com course evaluated? When should I aim towards completing this for the cheapest amount of money. Thanks everyone for all the help!!

Just so that you know, TESU will need to receive your CC transcript directly from the CC. So while it's a good idea to order one sent directly to you for you own information, you will need to order a second one sent to them.

(02-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Ideas Wrote: You should pay the residency waiver in June and graduate within a year, since the waiver is expected to increase a bunch.

Be careful with this as if you fail to graduate within the year for any reason you would be out the $1800. I don't recommend anyone pay it early unless they are dead sure they will graduate on time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ideas
We can't tell you what to take, or what will fit into your degree, without having more info. As bjcheung77 said, you need to update your spreadsheet to show everything you've taken, so we can give good solid recommendations.

Also, looking at the spreadsheet I made for you previously, you wanted a BALS or BA in HLS. Have you changed to BA in Communications? I'm not certain why you want courses in communications otherwise.

Finally, I would still apply to TESU and have an eval of all of the courses you've taken so far. You need to know which of the AOJ courses you've taken will apply to Gen Ed's and AOS (if you're still doing the BALS), because that's going to make a huge difference in which courses you can take going forward. If you take a bunch of courses that are Free Electives, and then find out that some of these AOJ courses are considered applied instead of theory, and won't fit in your Gen Eds or AOS, then you've just wasted a lot of time and money on courses you can't use, and will still have more courses to take to fit into the degree.

What is the reason your CC won't send you a transcript yet? You've already taken a lot of courses there, so you should be able to get one (and you definitely need one).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry my attachement wouldn't upload. I don't know if it's because i'm using the macbook program numbers? But I need to take a Oral communications class. Which class is accepted by TESU? Thanks I will see if I can figure out how to upload my attachment.
(02-02-2018, 02:40 PM)jdiaz414 Wrote: Sorry my attachement wouldn't upload. I don't know if it's because i'm using the macbook program numbers? But I need to take a Oral communications class. Which class is accepted by TESU? Thanks I will see if I can figure out how to upload my attachment.

You could copy and paste it into a Google Sheet and share that.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

TESU will take the SL course, the DSST, the Davar course, and the TECEP. The only place they won't take a course/exam for the Oral Comm requirement is through Study.com (although that could change - we don't know why they took this option away).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-02-2018, 05:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU will take the SL course, the DSST, the Davar course, and the TECEP. The only place they won't take a course/exam for the Oral Comm requirement is through Study.com (although that could change - we don't know why they took this option away).

When did they take it away? I recently completed astudy.com communications 120 with the thought it fulfilled the oral com requirement.
(02-21-2018, 12:21 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 05:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU will take the SL course, the DSST, the Davar course, and the TECEP.  The only place they won't take a course/exam for the Oral Comm requirement is through Study.com (although that could change - we don't know why they took this option away).

When did they take it away? I recently completed astudy.com communications 120 with the thought it fulfilled the oral com requirement.

So far only one person has listed an issue with Study.com's Public Speaking course not satisfying Oral Comm. I'm waiting to see a confirmation before I assume that is the case as that reference came up during early January when things were still in flux with Study.com courses moving around in the equivalency list.

if you've already completed it, you might as well submit the transcript to TESU and see what they say. Worse case it will come in as a GenEd elective. If you've completed the course but haven't taken the final exam for it yet, you should contact advising and tell them you're about to complete the course and wanted to confirm it still meets the Oral Comm requirement. That way they can pre-approve it on your plan.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,234 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 875 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,416 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,652 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,031 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,030 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 570 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 325 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 698 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat