Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated TESU Evaluation
Looks like TESU completed the evaluation of my transcript from WGU.  I have the following classes remaining for the BSBA-GM degree as well as my plan to address them (though suggestions/comments are welcome):
  • ENC-101 English Composition I and ENC-102 English Composition II - I haven't decided if I will clear these two with the College Composition with Essay CLEP or the two College Composition courses from SDC
  • SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy - I have to take this at TESU
  • Civic Engagement - I've already taken all of the quizzes for American Government at SDC, I'll take the proctored final sometime this weekend
  • Business/Society: MAN-272 International Management, I'll clear this with Business 308: Globalization & International Management at SDC
  • ECO-112 Macroeconomics - I'm halfway through this course on SDC.  My god is macroeconomics a dull class.
  • BUS-421 Capstone - have to take this at TESU
  • GMS Electives Group 2: need an upper level marketing or finance course, lots of choices at SDC to fill this.
I was hoping Business of IT Project Mgt would come in as a project management course, but it came in as an ITS elective, so it isn't applicable to this degree.  But, Business of IT Applications (ITIL Foundations) came in as CIS-301 which did fill a GMS elective slot, so it all works out in the end.  Also, they fixed the Business Ethics course and moved it into the correct location and then used Special Topics in Persian to fill the Cultural Diversity slot.

On a sad note, it appears that adding the WGU transcript counted as a second evaluation, so no more evaluations for me until I officially enroll.  I attached the evaluation in case anyone is interested in seeing how the WGU BS Network Operations and Security courses come in on the TESU side.  Note that I haven't finished Technical Communication or the IT Capstone at WGU yet, so those courses haven't transferred over.

From a statistical point of view, TESU accepted 328 SH worth of credit from all of my transcripts, which drops to 282 SH once duplicates are removed.

I changed my mind on the college composition courses, I went ahead and registered for the ENC-101 TECEP to get myself enrolled into TESU. I'm not sure how the TECEP classes work, I'm guessing it's just guided study to take the TECEP exam. Out of curiosity, once you are enrolled, how many classes/courses/TECEP exams do you have to take each year to stay enrolled? I ask because my primary focus right now is to finish my BS at WGU, and I plan on immediately enrolling into the MS-CSIA program at WGU as well. I'm just enrolling in an easy TECEP at TESU to get myself locked into the program under the current requirements since TESU seems to change things on a regular basis.

Attached Files
.pdf   Academic Evaluation-JLW-20191018.pdf (Size: 157.81 KB / Downloads: 39)
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
If wait until the wgu degree is conferred you dont need gen eds. Then you wont need sos110 which saves you a ton of money. You are better off signing up for business tecep so it could actually be applied to your degree. And you would need 24 credits after the wgu degree is conferred so slow down. Since you arent going to be able to earn the tesu degree before the wgu bachelor's I'd wait until wgu confers to get started on tesu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • akr680
You only need to take one tecep or course a year to stay enrolled.
I dont understand your plan because once they find out you have a wgu bachelors you must earn 24 credits dated after degree conferal and that have to be in aos or business core. So all the American gov and English is a waste of time and wont count. Plus the Marco you working on it would be better to wait to finish it after you wgu bachelor's is done.
Since you need 24 credits after the degree is conferred maybe you should add a second aos so you wont have to retake courses you already did to get to 24. You cant add a second degree because tesu only allows two Bachelors total and your wgu counts for one of those. But adding a second bsba aos might make sense to get to 24. Maybe CIS?
Thanks Natshar, I didn't realize that they would give me credit for the general education requirements once I completed the other degree. Suffice to say, since I don't have many classes to complete after the general education requirements are completed, my best course of action is to not finish any courses that would apply to the TESU degree until after I complete the BS from WGU. You'd think just having 24 different credits would be good enough, why is there a chronological requirement that these different credits have to be done after the other degree instead of concurrently? And since TESU already received my transcripts and sees that I do not currently have a degree, how would they even know when I complete my degree at WGU? When you apply for graduation, does TESU actually go through the trouble to check if you've earned a degree from another institution while concurrently working on your degree with them? And I'm not complaining, I'm just curious about why these rules and procedures are like this. When you look at someone's records like mine with 300+ SH of college credit, I could easily get a handful of degrees with only a couple additional classes each with very little overlap of courses beyond the general education requirements. The only real reason I can fathom is that it's purely about the money rather than the education. With the strict limitations, they basically force you into graduate level studies where credit transfer rules are more difficult and the cost per semester hour is a lot higher.
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
You say you're planning to meet the International management requirement with SDC Business 308 Globalization and International Management, but the SDC Business 120 International Management also meets this requirement. BUS120 has no assignments, just the quizzes and the exam.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
(10-18-2019, 12:05 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: ... When you apply for graduation, does TESU actually go through the trouble to check if you've earned a degree from another institution while concurrently working on your degree with them?  ...

Yes. They check with the National Student Clearinghouse for missing transcripts and degrees. They will find it when they do your degree audit if you don't send them a transcript with the degree on it earlier.

P.S. It would almost be worse if they didn't. If it came to light later, they could rescind your degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Leedeedee Wrote: You say you're planning to meet the International management requirement with SDC Business 308 Globalization and International Management, but the SDC Business 120 International Management also meets this requirement.  BUS120 has no assignments, just the quizzes and the exam.

I was just about to post the same thing, I took this myself for the requirement - Study.com Business 120: International Business will meet the CORE requirement, it doesn't need to be an UL as it is CORE not AOS. https://study.com/academy/course/busines...iness.html

Also did you ask TESU to move PSC3470 American Foreign Policy to the 'Civic Engagement'? If not, I suggest you send them an email to move it. The course title fits the theme of what they suggest as topics to cover it.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I've emailed tesu on this subject. They look at the date of degree conferal and look at the date on the ace transcript or college transcript. The 24 credits have to he earned after the date of degree conferal. According to what you posted above you'd need 12 other credits. Thats why I'm suggesting adding a second aos and maybe cis because you might have some of it done and the knowledge in the subject area.
(10-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Leedeedee Wrote: You say you're planning to meet the International management requirement with SDC Business 308 Globalization and International Management, but the SDC Business 120 International Management also meets this requirement.  BUS120 has no assignments, just the quizzes and the exam.

I know, I wanted to take the upper level version.

(10-18-2019, 02:21 PM)natshar Wrote: I've emailed tesu on this subject. They look at the date of degree conferal and look at the date on the ace transcript or college transcript. The 24 credits have to he earned after the date of degree conferal. According to what you posted above you'd need 12 other credits. Thats why I'm suggesting adding a second aos and maybe cis because you might have some of it done and the knowledge in the subject area.

Perhaps I can pick up a couple extra classes to add some undergraduate certificates.  I only need Advanced Accounting I to get the Certificate in Accounting.  If SDC gets Business 301: Change Management accredited sometime in the next 3-4 months, I could also add Certificate in Human Resource Management and Certificate in Organizational Leadership.  That should take me over the 24 credit requirement and compliment the BSBA quite well.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(10-18-2019, 03:55 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

I know, I wanted to take the upper level version.

(10-18-2019, 02:21 PM)natshar Wrote: I've emailed tesu on this subject. They look at the date of degree conferal and look at the date on the ace transcript or college transcript. The 24 credits have to he earned after the date of degree conferal. According to what you posted above you'd need 12 other credits. Thats why I'm suggesting adding a second aos and maybe cis because you might have some of it done and the knowledge in the subject area.

Perhaps I can pick up a couple extra classes to add some undergraduate certificates.  I only need Advanced Accounting I to get the Certificate in Accounting.  If SDC gets Business 301: Change Management accredited sometime in the next 3-4 months, I could also add Certificate in Human Resource Management and Certificate in Organizational Leadership.  That should take me over the 24 credit requirement and compliment the BSBA quite well.

I'm not sure that adding on Certificates would help meet the second degree requirements unless they also applied to the core/aos of your second degree. The Second Baccalaureate Degree Policy states that the 24 new credits (including the capstone) must be in the AOS and/or core of the degree and earned after the conferral of the first degree. So I think whatever you plan, you have to ensure that the 24 new credits all apply to the second degree core/aos/capstone if I am interpreting their policy correctly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch