Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated degree plan BA CS/Math (+ perhaps BSBA CIS)
You generally pick between 2 or 3 advisors who have open capstone courses when you register. You might have no choice if you have bad timing and some are full. If you were flexible on what term you took it, then you might have more choice.

(01-01-2021, 10:15 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: I'm more keen on writing a paper I'd like if there's a way to taper it more towards research actually. How does the capstone assign an instructor, can we pick relevant instructors from the faculty or is it assigned?

This is like having the option to pick a grader for study.com course. It's irrelevant to the actual course and doesn't matter much except for a small variance in the way they grade.

Instructors are ghosts, you never see or hear from them. After you turn in a paper, they say good, ok or bad, that's about it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-01-2021, 06:17 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Instructors are ghosts, you never see or hear from them.  After you turn in a paper, they say good, ok or bad, that's about it.

Yeah, I was a bit dismayed that at least in my cornerstone course, the mentor doesn't give you any input on your work whatsoever, they just grade it.Though many seemed to hate it, I appreciate the high level of input given in the Sophia English courses even more now (...given you didn't get a nutcase grader).
When I did my last TESU course, I didn't realize the instructor was giving me feedback until like assignment 3 or 4. I didn't realize if I kept scrolling on the grades page, you could see feedback, and possibly even a marked up version of your paper... Would have saved me some heartburn.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Thanks for the tip. I don't see anything in the individual assignments, such as under feedback it's just: grade, graded on, graded by....no comments. The only thing in the Grades section is at the bottom the mentor provided feedback on final project approvals etc within the final project section.....nothing about assignments he's marked.
This is what it looked like for me most recently. If you're getting no comments, you're not getting comments.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 29.73 KB / Downloads: 17)
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • ARhead
(01-04-2021, 12:09 PM)ARhead Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:17 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Instructors are ghosts, you never see or hear from them.  After you turn in a paper, they say good, ok or bad, that's about it.

Yeah, I was a bit dismayed that at least in my cornerstone course, the mentor doesn't give you any input on your work whatsoever, they just grade it.Though many seemed to hate it, I appreciate the high level of input given in the Sophia English courses even more now (...given you didn't get a nutcase grader).

The cornerstone course felt like a bit of busywork just going through the motions.  It did provide some introduction and practice to research writing which is what the Capstone is based on.

The Capstone course I did like because a lot of it talked directly about real business strategies and talking about popular big companies which I love to do.  In some of the case studies, I knew the companies so well I literally didn't have to do research or use the book if I wanted to.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 93 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 172 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 155 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 92 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,820 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 215 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,599 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 579 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 131 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 224 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM