Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Final Things You Did Before You Graduated?
I was wondering if you all did any special things before you all graduated?

So far I:
1. Downloaded my academic evaluations with all completed courses.
2. Downloaded my grades for each course I took.

Anything else?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I didn't do anything just waited for the degree and transcripts in the mail. The transcript has all of the courses that you submitted to them and grades. The degree only requires 120 credits but my transcript shows over 150 credits. So my transcript makes me look like an overachiever...although I will probably never get asked for the transcripts ever again except if I decide to go for another degree.
(03-18-2022, 07:39 PM)utility Wrote: I didn't do anything just waited for the degree and transcripts in the mail.  The transcript has all of the courses that you submitted to them and grades.  The degree only requires 120 credits but my transcript shows over 150 credits.  So my transcript makes me look like an overachiever...although I will probably never get asked for the transcripts ever again except if I decide to go for another degree.

I was wondering if they were going to send a transcript with the diploma. I have over 150 credits too. lol. Be interesting to see how everything looks on the transcript.

I got an email about the CeDiploma, might do that:
https://www.tesu.edu/about/registrar/cediploma

I need to order a diploma frame.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Signed up for an associate's degree so I would stay enrolled a while longer. Handy if you want to add any courses to your transcript, have access to the student portal or use student discounts after graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Signed up for an associate's degree so I would stay enrolled a while longer. Handy if you want to add any courses to your transcript, have access to the student portal or use student discounts after graduation.

Student discounts are good, I did the same... I added a Bachelors and wanted to use whatever benefits or perks that came with the student access.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The transcript doesn't list the courses as if it was a degree plan; instead, it lists them by where you took them. So for mine, I had:

TRANSFER CREDITS
CC#1 (listed by name)
CC#2
State Uni
Private Uni

ASSESSMENT CREDITS
TESU-ACE (included credits from multiple ACE providers, although didn't list who the providers were)
TESU-DSST
TESU-CLEP
TESU-NCCRS (again, didn't list who the provider was)

INSTITUTIONAL CREDITS
Listed by term, included the TECEP's I passed, the cornerstone back when it was a 1cr P/F course, and the capstone - my only course with a grade on the transcript, and that was my institutional GPA

It also listed the TECEP's I failed or didn't take as a "W" but they no longer do that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
For me, the main thing to do is to survive...
I opted for the extra $10 per degree to get the digital degree. It posted directly to my sons linked in which I thought was really professional looking. When applying online, I hope it will be a help too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,042 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU help me understand things collegeishard 26 1,612 08-15-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What my final transcript will look like (2nd degree)? frankc 2 482 02-27-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Graduated! dodek101 20 1,804 02-17-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: dodek101
  Keep job during final term? thecontrarian 14 1,279 01-30-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Final TESU degree/credit audit - has anyone ever heard of problems? studyingfortests 9 1,360 10-09-2021, 11:35 AM
  How does TESUs recent change affect things? acethroughcollege 11 1,516 09-24-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Can you add a Concentration after you've already graduated? Daithi 22 3,589 09-11-2021, 05:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA CIS Final Class Options rlstrick06 6 1,115 02-04-2021, 10:01 PM
  TESU-Final Steps to Graduation. dodek101 6 1,098 02-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: dodek101