Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent college credits
I need your help! I need 15 or 18 college credits ASAP for my work. I’m a special education paraprofessional at a public school district . I had the certification for over 10 years, now they are asking for more credits, because some credits that I had are from a Miami Technical School that closed down. I’m talking to the Florida Department of education but in the meantime I need college credits. I’m a Spanish speaker so I thought to do the Spanish Clep for 9 credits. I was reading about Sophia learning too. Please I’m very overwhelmed and need your input. I’m in a very tight budget too. Help!! Where can I get college credit are fast!  Thank you in advance. Im planing to go back to school and get my bachelor later this year so I can use those credits for that too.
The Spanish CLEP seems like a good idea.

I would also suggest this CLEP: https://clep.collegeboard.org/history-an...psychology

And the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP.

Maybe the College Mathematics CLEP if that won't duplicate credits you already have.

Are you sure they will take ACE credits?

(07-04-2021, 12:54 AM)Ideas Wrote: The Spanish CLEP seems like a good idea.

I would also suggest this CLEP: https://clep.collegeboard.org/history-an...psychology

And the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP.

Maybe the College Mathematics CLEP if that won't duplicate credits you already have.

Are you sure they will take ACE credits?
I will call this Monday but they will take college credits that is what they told me. I have 29 FEMA credits that I have in a Thomas Edison State University transcript ( the banked my credits ) they don’t do that anymore, and they accepted it Those credits.
If they accept ACE credits, I would suggest the ACTFL instead of (or in addition to) CLEP. AFAIK, you'll get ACTFL credits more quickly than you get the CLEP credits. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/AC...Languages)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Depending on what they will take, Sophia and Saylor Academy could be good options. Do they care what the credits are in? Some of the Sophia classes can be done in a few hours or days. Environmental Science was pretty easy. Took me 3 days (2 hours a day). Saylor Academy has courses that are for credit. ($25 to take the proctored test for college credit). You could probably gage your knowledge with the practice/certificate test. Then if you know the material, sign up for the test.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-04-2021, 05:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If they accept ACE credits, I would suggest the ACTFL instead of (or in addition to) CLEP. AFAIK, you'll get ACTFL credits more quickly than you get the CLEP credits. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/AC...Languages)
This is what their page says. 

(2) Acceptable Postsecondary Accrediting Organizations.
(a) The GaPSC accepts accrediting organizations that are recognized by either The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE). These accrediting organizations, which include a wide range of national, regional, specialized and professional accrediting bodies, have completed an evaluation process to verify acceptable levels of
Definitely find out if they would accept ACE credits because if they do you can easily complete a few classes on Sophia in a week. Visual Communications and Introduction to Information Technology took me less than a day. Environmental Science took me a few days.
Hey, I see you've followed my request to create a thread through PM. Well, we finally got enough information to go by. From the extra information you provided, none of the alternative credit providers will work for you. That means your cheapest, easiest, fastest options are 3 fold. 1) Exams, TECEP/UEXCELS 2) TEL Learning/ONU and such. 3) CBE programs such as Walden/UMPI and take 30 credits through them in two terms, or 15 in 1 term. ACTFL/ACE/CLEP etc are NOT CHEA/USDOE recognized.

My only other suggestion (unconventional and not tested, as a last resort type of thing) is to ask them if you can do FOREIGN credits, if you can, complete the ENEB/UC1 double Masters option. You can finish one in about 3-4 months, two will take you 6 months. I personally did all 3 in 7.5 months as the first was 13 courses, then 7, and 4 courses and I took my time.... again, this needs to be evaluated by a NACES agency, it'll take time, but will come up as equivalent to a RA Bachelors & Grad Cert/Dip.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For UExcels, you might be interested in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...est-Review
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-04-2021, 10:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, I see you've followed my request to create a thread through PM.  Well, we finally got enough information to go by.  From the extra information you provided, none of the alternative credit providers will work for you.  That means your cheapest, easiest, fastest options are 3 fold. 1) Exams, TECEP/UEXCELS   2) TEL Learning/ONU and such.  3) CBE programs such as Walden/UMPI and take 30 credits through them in two terms, or 15 in 1 term.  ACTFL/ACE/CLEP etc are NOT CHEA/USDOE recognized.  

My only other suggestion (unconventional and not tested, as a last resort type of thing) is to ask them if you can do FOREIGN credits, if you can, complete the ENEB/UC1 double Masters option.  You can finish one in about 3-4 months, two will take you 6 months.  I personally did all 3 in 7.5 months as the first was 13 courses, then 7, and 4 courses and I took my time.... again, this needs to be evaluated by a NACES agency, it'll take time, but will come up as equivalent to a RA Bachelors & Grad Cert/Dip.
What do you think if I do Sophia learning, Spanish Clep and transfer all that to UMPI then I can be enroll in the university and have those credits in a transcript from a accredited university, the. I will continue with my bachelor degree?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 164 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 174 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,121 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,802 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 619 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 591 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,059 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 850 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM