Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made credit transfer guides for 16 majors at WGU
The guides show which specific classes to take at Sophia and Study.com to get a significant number of credits for each major listed.

Here are the majors for which transfer credit-maximizing guides were made:

WGU College of Information Technology
BS Information Technology
BS Computer Science
BS Cloud Computing
BS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
BS Software Development
BS Network Engineering and Security
BS Network Engineering and Security Cisco path
BS Data Management/Data Analaytics

WGU College of Business
BS Business Administration Accounting
BS Business Administration Management
BS Business Administration Healthcare Management
BS Business Administration IT Management
BS Business Administration Marketing
BS Business Administration Human Resources Management

WGU College of Health Professions
BS Health Information Management
BS Health Services Coordination

If there's another major you'd like to see a guide for, please let me know.

The guides can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/studydotcom/comments/vig94w/how_to_transfer_a_lot_of_credits_to_wgu_guide/
[-] The following 3 users Like portals's post:
  • katsiki, Life_One, warriortaupou
WGU has transfer pages on their website. They update them regularly as their degrees change periodically.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • VGFsirius
WGU already has these, for Study.com, Sophia, and SL among others: https://partners.wgu.edu/
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@portals, Thanks for completing these transfer guides. I think the newer Accelerated IT degree (Bachelors & Masters in one) would be a good option to have for the guides. Sometimes having a secondary guide other than what's on the partners website would work, that's because it "merges" multiple options instead of just looking at one provider at a time only.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • portals, Vle045
(06-24-2022, 05:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @portals, Thanks for completing these transfer guides.  I think the newer Accelerated IT degree (Bachelors & Masters in one) would be a good option to have for the guides.  Sometimes having a secondary guide other than what's on the partners website would work, that's because it "merges" multiple options instead of just looking at one provider at a time only.

Indeed. These guides go a step further than the transfer pathways agreements given by WGU in that they consider both Sophia and SDC, removing duplicates. 

Just added the BSITMSITM: https://www.reddit.com/r/studydotcom/com...ts_to_the/

[-] The following 1 user Likes portals's post:
  • warriortaupou
I would date this, and make it very clear that it's good on that particular date. WGU regularly makes major changes to their degrees (like, more than once a year at times, and for some degrees and not others), and once one degree is changed, this is completely outdated and wrong. That's one of the issues we had on this forum years ago, and stopped posting degree plans - because the schools would change things, and we wouldn't know immediately, and then we'd find out the degree plan was wrong - but people continued using them for YEARS afterwards.

You may find, over time, that it's more trouble than it's worth, to try to keep each individual degree plan current. It can be a real pain. Oh, and then you are the one blamed when someone follows your degree plan and then finds out it's wrong when they go to enroll at WGU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts
(06-26-2022, 11:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would date this, and make it very clear that it's good on that particular date.  WGU regularly makes major changes to their degrees (like, more than once a year at times, and for some degrees and not others), and once one degree is changed, this is completely outdated and wrong.  That's one of the issues we had on this forum years ago, and stopped posting degree plans - because the schools would change things, and we wouldn't know immediately, and then we'd find out the degree plan was wrong - but people continued using them for YEARS afterwards.

You may find, over time, that it's more trouble than it's worth, to try to keep each individual degree plan current.  It can be a real pain.  Oh, and then you are the one blamed when someone follows your degree plan and then finds out it's wrong when they go to enroll at WGU.

I completely agree. WGU has been making changes to several degrees the last few weeks. I'm seeing lots of confusion from enrolled students on social media. They're not sure if they should stick with their current degree plan or change to the new one. They seem to make changes multiple times a year without any rhyme or reason. No set schedule or anything. No notice either.
You can always put up a disclaimer in regards to the date/time of the post and imminent changes may occur over the course of time. OP's posts already has referenced the original sources, it's got the date/time stamps on the posts here and on reddit. Having a compact/concise disclaimer might just do the trick for this on the first page with the links, not every single page...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I made a Study.com credit transfer guide for SNHU portals 0 4,521 07-31-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: portals