Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU BS in Health and Human Services
WGU's former BS in Health Care Coordination was revised in December 2022 into a new BS in Health and Human Services. Landing page, Program Guide.

The program design includes "field experience" delivered online using simulation.

I think this program is underappreciated on DF to date and it should be in the consideration set for domestic students interested in a competency-based bachelor's applying psychology and social sciences, health science, and healthcare management.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • Blkqueen8
I will say the new name is much better than the old.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Hmm... Haven't reviewed their webpage in a long time... I forget, is this is a merger of two programs like what they've done with the Masters in Education? Or is this just a rename of the degree program? I think it's the latter...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't understand the pathophysiology/pharmacolgy aspect of the program. Usually, patho is a 2 full semester course that requires 2 sem of Gen Bio with lab and 2 sem A&P with lab prior to entry. Not sure if this is a watered version of the course, but I don't understand its purpose along with pharmacology in this context. I have taken probably 8 semesters' worth of pharmacology in my scholastic career and I have no idea what one quarter/sem is supposed to teach you in a meaningful way (when you won't be prescribing or administering them).

Otherwise, the degree looks well suited for someone wanting to work in public health, DSHS, advocacy non-profits etc or a starter for a MHA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Sad 
Some classes underwent changes; for instance, they had a nutrition-focused course that now includes a fitness aspect and went from 3 to 4 credits. Overall, I was impressed with the alterations in the degree, including the name. In a conversation with one of WGU's advisors, she mentioned how the school had close collaboration with a few hospitals here in NJ to shape the curriculum's structure and model a degree that is both flexible and practical. I suspect this is how the patho and pharma found their way into the mix. I guess it provides a sufficient foundation for a basic understanding, which is fine since they're not expected to prescribe or diagnose. I wonder if the fact that students can't transfer damn near half the degree is the reason why ppl are dodging this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Another problem I'm seeing with this degree is that between the usual 3 credit providers--SL, Sophia, SDC--you would only be bringing in around 25 credits. I'm not sure if It's a degree that can be completed in one 6 month term. It's hard to know unless someone posts their degree journey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU BS in Health Science Jonathan Whatley 3 258 04-06-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  New BS in Public Health sanantone 5 345 03-27-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  New Degree at WGU - Health Services Coordination sanantone 12 4,540 09-17-2019, 01:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore