Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA - Staring Early Thought
Yeah - the letter didn't get me in any earlier. Had to wait until the actual degree was conferred so it would show up on the transcripts.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Applied to the schools listed below after completing degree in May and WGU was the last to approve with an optional start date of Sept 1st.

Ranking them in speed of approval for entry-

Patten University (June - 0 days/right away)
Amberton University (June - within 30 days)
ENMU (July - 39 days)
WGU (July - 47 days)
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL, you may have posted somewhere here but where are you getting your MBA from? Patten?
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Initially started with Patten and did not appreciate the flow of the program. Perhaps I just wanted a little more flair to doing an MBA than the pieced together structure they have. It's an amazing value and everyone I worked with was excellent. Can easily see how there are some that have been able to blaze through the program. Outside of the structure, I started to get some concerns with the lack of graduates in the program, long term stability and it being For-Profit. Lastly, there was no Commencement on the books for Patten and the thought of completing the MBA and not walking seemed like I might be giving up one of the great joys of obtaining an MBA. WGU feels like the one that I am going to go with but from my actions one would guess otherwise. I have completed 4 Vesi courses that will transfer nicely into Amberton University allowing for 1/3 of the program complete from day 1 (Sept). ENMU was a high interest early due to the countless ACBSP threads I got sucked in to. Can hear my wife now asking "So tell me again why that matters to you"? However, she does continue to push that I should really go all out and tackle the MBA with HES. As much as I know that would be cool, it would be 10 times more rewarding to see one of our kids reaching that goal.

Just noticed the length of my none answer to your question Wink In the end, I will most likely look to knock out the following four courses with WGU:

Managing Organizations and Leading People
Global Economics for Managers
Managing Human Capital
Management Communication

[FONT=&amp]Interested to see how they would transfer into Amberton and it would also give me a full experience with WGU. If I enjoy the process with WGU, there is a decent chance that Amberton will get taken off the board.

Felt like this was almost an answer Wink

[/FONT]
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master’s in Early Childhood Education or Child Development kmsei 3 3,706 07-29-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Walden MS Early Childhood Studies Administration, Management, & Leadership Tempo PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 5 2,227 06-10-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Walden's Competency-Based MS in Early Childhood Studies sanantone 3 1,128 02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Last Post: alleycat