Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MS in Special Education
Greetings! 

I recently finished my MS in SpEd at WGU. Overall, I had a great experience. I started it in June 2020, and I finished the coursework in one term. Some personal difficulty (including COVID) held me up from taking the final exam that I needed to finish the program. That being said, the university was really accommodating and extended my studies. 

Some of my opinions: 
The courses were really, really well done. All the materials were streamlined so you were interacting with content in meaningful ways. 
The work was immediately transferable to my classroom. My goal for attending this program was to give my students a greater voice and choice, and it has absolutely done that. 
The professors were spectacular. They were always willing to talk through the material or get me through my bonehead moments. They responded quickly to email, and answered questions on the course Q&A boards promptly as well. 
If you have experience, then WGU is great for accelerating. (Now I am trying to figure out if I want to do the Instructional Design program, since it's only like, 5 more classes plus a capstone)

The downsides: 
This might have just been me, but my advisor had to take several "breaks" during my term (when I was actively taking classes), so I was constantly bounced around. 
You DO NOT have access to the material after you are done with your program.
[-] The following 4 users Like letterchaser202's post:
  • Francesco Sanders, GizmoJack, jch, RobertZylstra
it's a great experience, thanks for sharing.
WGU has great programs in Business, Education, IT and Nursing. Some have completed both the MBA/MSML because of the overlapping courses, if you find that the MS Instructional Design is something you're interested in, go for it... it'll be icing on the cake if you have tuition assistance or reimbursement. Even if you don't have tuition benefits from work, the ROI/Value is still there as it should "pay for itself" if you get that salary increase or pay bump when you get the degree... Oh congrats! and yes, thank you for sharing your experience!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's or PhD in Linguistics/Education/English Mister Linguist 16 2,072 12-10-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  Online Master of Arts in Education (French language) TennisCoach 16 1,264 12-07-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  VA Discredits HES Eligibility for VA Education Benefits smartdegree 5 578 11-28-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Fastest Least Expensive Masters in Psychology or Education dbwdb 21 3,661 09-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ejones
  What are people's reasons for taking Masters in Education jb111 10 3,788 09-09-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Masters in Elementary Education teacher2 4 1,018 09-09-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Seeking Suggestions for Education Pathway for Canada's Permanent Residence OtterDen 8 1,101 06-23-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Some Master’s Degrees Are the Second Biggest Scam in Higher Education LevelUP 18 2,928 02-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Last Post: aslhou
  $18k University of Virginia Master of Education smartdegree 1 553 09-07-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Cheap VESi CEU (Continuing Education) Graduate Credit for $62 per Credit from UMPI ashkir 8 1,842 04-23-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore