Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Mathematics and Study.com
So currently I am near the end of finishing my transfer classes before my enrollment date which is May 1 at WGU. My enrollment counselor went ahead with my transcript evaluation which was last night, but they did not put my bio lab or educational psychology course on the evaluation. I sent them the transcripts Wednesday. I am currently waiting on that to resolve.

After looking over the evaluation, I apparently am supposed to take a physical science course which was not stated in the BA plan on their website. I want to take Study.com's Geology course and Classroom Management course. However, I have 11 days left till I can take my next two exams which puts it at March 29th. But I am not sure if I will have enough time because the rules at WGU say " Transcripts must be received by the 1st of the month prior to the date of enrollment." Is there any possibility I can take these courses and transfer them in in time? My evaluation email says I have 15 days left to appeal the results and after that a formal decision will be made and I will receive the results in ten days.

Has anyone had any a experience like this and how did you get it resolved?

Also has anyone else had any success in transferring Study.com courses into WGU?
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

teacher2 Wrote:So currently I am near the end of finishing my transfer classes before my enrollment date which is May 1 at WGU. My enrollment counselor went ahead with my transcript evaluation which was last night, but they did not put my bio lab or educational psychology course on the evaluation. I sent them the transcripts Wednesday. I am currently waiting on that to resolve.

After looking over the evaluation, I apparently am supposed to take a physical science course which was not stated in the BA plan on their website. I want to take Study.com's Geology course and Classroom Management course. However, I have 11 days left till I can take my next two exams which puts it at March 29th. But I am not sure if I will have enough time because the rules at WGU say " Transcripts must be received by the 1st of the month prior to the date of enrollment." Is there any possibility I can take these courses and transfer them in in time? My evaluation email says I have 15 days left to appeal the results and after that a formal decision will be made and I will receive the results in ten days.

Has anyone had any a experience like this and how did you get it resolved?

Also has anyone else had any success in transferring Study.com courses into WGU?

I don't know about Study.com, but I do know that WGU is a partner of SL, so you could switch to them instead - and get free transcripts sent to WGU right away (I think it's all electronic). Then you wouldn't be cutting it so close.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I transferred a course from Study.com (Org Behavior) without any issue. WGU is a partner with Study.com, but they don't make clear what will transfer in as each college within WGU has their own guidelines.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
teacher2 Wrote:I apparently am supposed to take a physical science course which was not stated in the BA plan on their website.

I had something similar happen to me, as they were in the middle of a program change when I was applying (which I guess they update their programs very regularly, so this isn't a rare occurrence). Luckily it worked out better for me, because they replaced a lousy course with a more interesting one, and added an additional industry certification to the program.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I had something similar happen to me, as they were in the middle of a program change when I was applying (which I guess they update their programs very regularly, so this isn't a rare occurrence). Luckily it worked out better for me, because they replaced a lousy course with a more interesting one, and added an additional industry certification to the program.

Glad to hear it worked out! Sadly, I thought the science was covered but they only counted my Clep biology as 3 credit and still wanted a physical science course (chemistry, physics, geology or astronomy). I would go with SL but I don't know if I could get their chemistry or physics course done in two weeks. I was going to the geology and Classroom Management with Study.com because I have the Guardian Scholarship. But I don't want to waste two of my exams if I will have to end up having to take them through WGU anyways.
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Math - College Algebra & Statistics Marsbar 11 966 12-21-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Marsbar
  Study.com Algebra or WGU? Marsbar 10 837 11-30-2023, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 324 or 113 study.com for BSBM Marsbar 4 356 11-23-2023, 06:46 PM
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,398 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  Does the study.com OS course (CS 305) cover everything in WGU's OS course (C191 I)? whiverem 6 999 06-15-2023, 06:07 PM
  Where can you take courses from study.com that are not longer accepted for CS major? whiverem 11 1,286 06-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  WGU OR Study.com Ravenbad 3 1,206 03-11-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 13,549 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WGU BS Business Administration Management - Transferrable Classes NOT on Study mohelena02 12 2,261 01-28-2022, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Mathematics Teaching Degree WGU -in progress! teacher2 52 23,264 12-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: teacher2