Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Review (My experience)
Scholar1990 Wrote:You guessed right! Just statistics & the ones below it. Thanks for advice but I'm not sure what SL in your statements refers too.

SL=Straighterline

I'm really surprised that they let you start the MBA program there without making sure that you had the core courses you needed. Most MBA programs that I have looked at require 7-9 core courses if you don't have a business degree (econ, finance, accounting, marketing, management, statistics, etc.).

I would definitely recommend at the very least watching videos on the subject, if not taking full classes in accounting. That would be a difficult subject to jump in at because there are so many assumptions about knowing the foundations of it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:SL=Straighterline

I'm really surprised that they let you start the MBA program there without making sure that you had the core courses you needed. Most MBA programs that I have looked at require 7-9 core courses if you don't have a business degree (econ, finance, accounting, marketing, management, statistics, etc.).

I would definitely recommend at the very least watching videos on the subject, if not taking full classes in accounting. That would be a difficult subject to jump in at because there are so many assumptions about knowing the foundations of it.
One of the great things about WGU's MBA is that while they do require some business leadership, they do not have a pre-req core. It's one of the reasons I chose them over Chadron.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:One of the great things about WGU's MBA is that while they do require some business leadership, they do not have a pre-req core. It's one of the reasons I chose them over Chadron.

I can see the appeal - but then you may run into the problems the OP is having, in not being able to get through a course because you don't have the foundation. There are pros and cons to everything I guess.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I can see the appeal - but then you may run into the problems the OP is having, in not being able to get through a course because you don't have the foundation. There are pros and cons to everything I guess.
I suppose. For me the video's they provide were all the help I needed. The course mentors are also quick to help if you ask. I would choose a troubling course or two in the MBA over taking an added 24 credits of undergrad when I already had the BS...
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I suppose. For me the video's they provide were all the help I needed. The course mentors are also quick to help if you ask. I would choose a troubling course or two in the MBA over taking an added 24 credits of undergrad when I already had the BS...

I'm not saying it's something you can't work around, just that some people may struggle on a course or two. But there are definitely ways around those that don't have to include taking an entire course if you don't want to. Or taking it self-paced quickly when you realize you're having trouble.
I watched this link and have already have a better understanding, thank you so much!!!
Totally agreed! As stated the videos are great but for me I need a few extra steps when it come to math & theoretical but after having a one on one I have passed the Pre Assessment with an 88% so I'm going to try a few other calculations before attempting the OA because I've seen reviews stating there a little different but same avenue.
@Mednat I hope you know I've read this thread and copied all of your advice onto a Word doc to study later. I'm transferring to WGU and so excited to move quicker in this process. I asked my husband for one more year in school to finish my bachelors (50 credits left) but with everything I've read here, plus a few other threads, I'm so motivated to get my BSB and my MBA in that time instead. Thanks for documenting so much! If you have other tips please let me know.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,725 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,204 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  IICSE University - cheap,convenient,not accredited. Any experience? xicovu 7 7,880 09-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Review: NDSU BIOC 2000 eriehiker 9 1,875 08-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience GoodYellowDogs 21 3,858 06-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  My Experience at the Harvard Extension School Information Session jane_eyre11 21 7,601 12-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  LSUS MBA Experience Cory 1 2,856 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: mindstealer
  Review of University of Findlay sanantone 3 1,604 07-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Review: Grad Cert Econ Educ: U.Colorado Colorado Springs eriehiker 5 2,358 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock