Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU and Canadians, anyone has been rejected because of their location?
Hey guys,

I'm currently working toward my BSBA at TESU, I expect to take the capstone in Jan. I started shopping around for my master and like probably many of you WGU is a perfect fit since it's self-paced, and can be done in less than a year.

However, I have learned that WGU only accepts candidates from certain regions in Canada. I did call to have more information, they told me that they do not allow any Canadians at this time.

Looking at wgu subreddit archives I found out quite a few Canadian has been accepted. I guess I will only really know when I apply but I am curious to know if any of you fellow Canadians did apply but got rejected because of your location?

thanks!
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Mind me asking where you are? I have a few friends who are at WGU and they're Canadian. When I was taking my Straighterline IT Fundamentals course, one of my friends told me that their WGU uses the same Acrobatiq class for their IT Fundamentals class. I was laughing about that when I found out...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm from Montreal, Quebec. In terms of distance, I can be in the US in 1 hour. In terms of market, Quebec is primarily french, so I would assume it's not their core market.

lol I'm currently doing IT fundamentals, that acrobatic thing is weird, in my first quiz the time counter was 10 min late so I was not able to submit my exam, and all the questions were filled up! I also asked a retake for another quiz (ui completely broke down when I submitted) got the same exact questions, they were not from a questions bank.. heh..
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
Oh, I see. If memory serves me right, they only offer to 3 provinces so far. BC, Alberta and Ontario.
I would suggest getting into Patten MBA Finance or IT, another is Hodges MIS or MPA.
They're my choices along with WGU, but WGU is probably the choice I will be going for.
Patten/Hodges a very close second due to these being cheap/easy/fast masters degrees.

I will try to contact them later on to see if it's possible to do something about this. 

If it's really about provincial universities equivalency I should not be affected since I have a US degree, I'm probably not their typical canadian candidate in that sense.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
I spent a little more time in the WGU process, turns out what I have been told by my first counselor appear to be false.

Today I got a call from WGU and they told me that as a canadian with a US bachelor degree I am an eligible candidate. They had no issue about my location.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
Yay! I hope other people are reading this, the only difference would mean, if they're overseas and wanting to do a WGU degree, if it would be possible. A few people who have a TESU degree but overseas wants to get admission. Would this be THE LOOPHOLE?

(10-16-2017, 02:42 PM)posabsolute Wrote: I spent a little more time in the WGU process, turns out what I have been told by my first counselor appear to be false.

Today I got a call from WGU and they told me that as a canadian with a US bachelor degree I am an eligible candidate. They had no issue about my location.

That's interesting.  Maybe they are trying to avoid the non-US degrees, so their policy is really about that than location/nationality of the person?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
keep in mind I made an emphasis on the fact that I am canadian knowing they already have a policy for certain canadian regions. It could be an extension of their canadian policy. Without someone trying from another country, it's hard to say.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
I was denied by WGU as a Canadian Citizen, having a BSBA from TESU, due to applying from South Korea.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA in Computer Information Systems (120/120) and General Management (120/120)
First course started on June 1, 2017.  Last course finished on July 31, 2017.

Davar: ACC-101 • ACC-102 • FIN-301 • MAN-301 • MAN-372 • ECO-111 • ECO-112 • MAN-373 • CIS-301 • FIN-334 • LAW-201 • COM-209 • MAR-310 • MAR-330
ALEKS: STA-201 • MAT-121 • MAT-115 • MAT-129   Study.com: ENC-101 • ENC-102 • POS-110 • SOC-101
ACTFL: KOR-393   SOPHIA: HRM-299   Institues: PHI-384  TESU: BUS-421

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU and Canadians posabsolute 8 6,443 03-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Last Post: posabsolute