Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU and testing
Anyone have experience transferring in any CLEP/DSST/ALEKS/SL/etc to WGU?

I plan on doing my Masters there (last semester at EC!!!), but my wife is looking at going there for a BA in Early Childhood Development. But as my wife is a foreign national we have some time to kill before she can apply (doing her green card now). She's taking a few classes with UMUC, but anything else we can use to knock out some requirements would be great. She's also working on some ALEKS, but that's more because Math isn't a strong subject for her so she needs the extra practice.
I should clarify, I know they accept some (even a partner college of SL). Just wondering what peoples experiences are and what all it took to clear a domain.
I've gotten credit for classes with CLEP at WGU. You need to pass with a 50 or more like other schools. I'm going for my post-bacc in teaching Social Studies.
Wgu took all of my Clep, DSST,ECE, TECEP, ALEKS credits. I think they had a little problem with the FEMA's. I had already earned my BA from TESC and was going for my MAT in Education. The only problem they had was I hadn' taken a health, Speech, Visual or Perfoming art and a Am. Gov. Class. They had no problem with me doing them through CLEP/DSST or BYU classes
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12