Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU gives graduates free certifications
I think this is so cool and I wanted to share.  WGU offers free subscriptions and certifications to graduates with the following businesses:

LinkedIn Learning
Plural Sight
EdX
Percipio
Udemy
Mind Edge Learning 
and a bunch more depending on your college of interest:  https://www.wgu.edu/alumni/career-suppor...urces.html
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
[-] The following 3 users Like collegechick's post:
  • jamshid666, katsiki, MNomadic
(11-17-2021, 03:29 PM)collegechick Wrote: I think this is so cool and I wanted to share.  WGU offers free subscriptions and certifications to graduates with the following businesses:

LinkedIn Learning
Plural Sight
EdX
Percipio
Udemy
Mind Edge Learning 
and a bunch more depending on your college of interest:  https://www.wgu.edu/alumni/career-suppor...urces.html

I love that Udemy Business was added back to the list as it was removed earlier this year. I reckon WGU must have renegotiated the contract with Udemy to allow them to get it back.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
I am also very happy that udemy is back, some of their offerings are exceptional. unfortunately I lost my udemy course transcripts due to the lapse, but not a huge deal.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Wait, I just read Udemy Business. Is there much difference between that and the Udemy regular or whatever it is? I have udemy but I don't think it's the business version because most (if not all) are the really cheap ones that got on sale OR the freebies. I guess the Business version allows more access of some sort? And in regards to the other offerings, such as Linked Learning, Plural Sight, etc, I have as well, is there a difference between what is offered for those not attending WGU?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-30-2021, 05:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait, I just read Udemy Business.  Is there much difference between that and the Udemy regular or whatever it is? I have udemy but I don't think it's the business version because most (if not all) are the really cheap ones that got on sale OR the freebies.  I guess the Business version allows more access of some sort?  And in regards to the other offerings, such as Linked Learning, Plural Sight, etc, I have as well, is there a difference between what is offered for those not attending WGU?
I'm not sure. When I login everything is free. I thought LinkedIn Learning charges a subscription? Everything is free on there too. When I've logged in to Udemy without my school email, there's a charge for all courses.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
(11-30-2021, 05:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait, I just read Udemy Business.  Is there much difference between that and the Udemy regular or whatever it is? I have udemy but I don't think it's the business version because most (if not all) are the really cheap ones that got on sale OR the freebies.  I guess the Business version allows more access of some sort?  And in regards to the other offerings, such as Linked Learning, Plural Sight, etc, I have as well, is there a difference between what is offered for those not attending WGU?

From my understanding, Udemy Business is the corporate version. My husband's company has Udemy Business licenses for employees to use. The employees who have signed up to use a license don't pay for the classes.
Here's some more info:

However, the company does offer a corporate subscription called Udemy Business.
Costing $360 per year per user before taxes, Udemy Business is intended for companies who want to give staff access to an extensive library of courses. It provides access to over 6,000 of the platform’s top-rated courses, and is used by over 8,000 global companies, such as ABN Amro and Apple.
While the Udemy Business subscription is a compelling thing to offer employees, it is worth considering the true value when individual courses are so often heavily discounted. It depends very much on just how much training you expect each employee to complete.
(11-30-2021, 06:21 PM)collegechick Wrote:
Here's some more info:

However, the company does offer a corporate subscription called Udemy Business.
Costing $360 per year per user before taxes, Udemy Business is intended for companies who want to give staff access to an extensive library of courses. It provides access to over 6,000 of the platform’s top-rated courses, and is used by over 8,000 global companies, such as ABN Amro and Apple.
While the Udemy Business subscription is a compelling thing to offer employees, it is worth considering the true value when individual courses are so often heavily discounted. It depends very much on just how much training you expect each employee to complete.

Considering that WGU initially didn't offer the service to alumni, I'm sure they negotiated a rate that's significantly less than $360/yr/student.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 2 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • MNomadic, ss20ts
Udemy and edX do not appear on the list anymore which is unfortunate.

https://www.wgu.edu/alumni/career-suppor...urces.html
(05-03-2023, 09:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Udemy and edX do not appear on the list anymore which is unfortunate.

Yes, they were running out of licenses for current students, so they forced alumni with existing accounts to opt in so they could reclaim the licenses. At least your current student account should still work until your last term ends, and then you can try to sign up for an alumni account or ask for one if necessary, even if the answer is no.

Also, I don't know how active the education channels are, but you should join the discord: https://discord.gg/unwgu
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU now supports most of the TADA certifications LevelUP 1 759 08-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU Free Application this Week JWells247 3 1,021 11-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
Information WGU free application this week RobinLionheart 5 1,330 09-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: jsd