Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU syllabus?
Hello all,

I'm finishing up with study.com before enrolling to WGU. I estimate I have about 7 courses left that I can still complete which would equal about the 90 credits max. However upon looking at these courses I have left in Study.com, it seems that most of them have plenty of assignments. I'm trying to see if the equivalent courses also have assignments in WGU which I might just take them there to safe time with the assignments. Where am I able to find the syllabus for their classes too see which ones have assignments or might be faster to complete than the equivalent classes in study.com?

For reference these are the remaining courses I can take that have assignemnts:

*Humanities 201 (SDCM-0243) - WGU Critical Thinking and Logic
*Business 303 (SDCM-0123) - WGU Information Technology Management Essentials
*Communications 301 (SDCM-0187) -WGU Emotional and Cultural Intelligence

*Business 314 (SDCM-0085) - WGU Employment Law

thanks in advance
Employment Law and IT Management are just exams at WGU.

The other two are papers, IIRC, but not particularly difficult ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Courcelles's post:
  • origamishuttle
A lot of people say WGU Critical Thinking and Logic is easier than the Study.com course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
After checking I also need the following 2

Business 312: Advanced Operations Management - Wgu Business Environment Applications 2: Process, Logistics, and Operations

And

Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting

So I can still transfer over another 26 credits form SDC which are these classes mentioned, but I'm debating on if it makes sense to just take them in Wgu since it might be less time consuming.

However what's holding me back is looking that I would have to take those 26, plus 7 more at wgu and then the WGU exclusive ones which would be 30 more.
That's 63 credits, and if I trying to do that in one semester seems like alot. Thoughts please
(10-27-2022, 02:46 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: After checking I also need the following 2

Business 312: Advanced Operations Management - Wgu Business Environment Applications 2: Process, Logistics, and Operations

And

Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting

So I can still transfer over another 26 credits form SDC which are these classes mentioned, but I'm debating on if it makes sense to just take them in Wgu since it might be less time consuming.

However what's holding me back is looking that I would have to take those 26, plus 7 more at wgu and then the WGU exclusive ones which would be 30 more.
That's 63 credits, and if I trying to do that in one semester seems like alot. Thoughts please

https://study.com/college/school/western...rsity.html

"*To fulfill the degree requirement for Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting, students must complete TWO Study.com courses: Accounting 101, Accounting 201, Accounting 202 or Accounting 302; AND Accounting 102, Accounting 301 or Accounting 303."

If you think it's going to be less time consuming at WGU, why do you also think it'll be too much?
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315