Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well.. I'm in a pickle
Im in mandatory quarantine in Japan spanning approx 18 days.  So I've got alot of free time. 
I'm missing Chem 2 with lab to graduate. I'm not allowed anything to be delivered to me nor is esciencelabs delivering anything to FPO/AA which rules out TESU and SDC courses.
Does anybody know of an RA college that hosts thier Chem 2 labs virtually?
Geneva College / Portage Learning has a self-paced chemistry course online that may work for you. Check to ensure that will transfer and/or be accepted by your college.

https://portagelearning.com/courses/chemistry/chem104
(05-20-2020, 05:00 PM)22gunsonfire Wrote: Im in mandatory quarantine in Japan spanning approx 18 days.  So I've got alot of free time. 
I'm missing Chem 2 with lab to graduate. I'm not allowed anything to be delivered to me nor is esciencelabs delivering anything to FPO/AA which rules out TESU and SDC courses.
Does anybody know of an RA college that hosts thier Chem 2 labs virtually?

Hm ... I think something at Oregon State might work. The problem is the dates for registration. https://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/online-d...ab-course/

Actually, what school are you attending?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I'm attending TESU. After going through each I'm going to ask to see if either will satisfy the requirements.

Thanks for all the help and insight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22gunsonfire's post:
  • udi
Sorry, this isn't helpful but I'm just curious... are you stuck in Narita? What was it like getting a flight over here?
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(05-20-2020, 10:03 PM)22gunsonfire Wrote: I'm attending TESU. After going through each I'm going to ask to see if either will satisfy the requirements.

Wait! For some degrees, they will allow Chemistry I with lab and Physics I with lab, so you can avoid Chem II or Phys II. I got permission to do that for BS in Technical Studies.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(05-21-2020, 12:35 AM)udi Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 10:03 PM)22gunsonfire Wrote: I'm attending TESU. After going through each I'm going to ask to see if either will satisfy the requirements.

Wait! For some degrees, they will allow Chemistry I with lab and Physics I with lab, so you can avoid Chem II or Phys II. I got permission to do that for BS in Technical Studies.

Ive got the same degree plan but I still would need a virtual lab to complete. I cannot get materials into my room nor will esciencelabs (who supply what seems like every provider these days) will send to FPO addresses. Its posted on their front page. TESU, SDC, Straighterline all use them for lab kits.

(05-20-2020, 10:51 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Sorry, this isn't helpful but I'm just curious... are you stuck in Narita? What was it like getting a flight over here?

I'm not stuck in Narita. I was flown here via military airlift through Atsugi. So I don't think my experience would be the same as someone who tried to fly commercial.
(05-21-2020, 01:15 AM)22gunsonfire Wrote:

Ive got the same degree plan but I still would need a virtual lab to complete. I cannot get materials into my room nor will esciencelabs (who supply what seems like every provider these days) will send to FPO addresses. Its posted on their front page. TESU, SDC, Straighterline all use them for lab kits.

(05-20-2020, 10:51 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Sorry, this isn't helpful but I'm just curious... are you stuck in Narita? What was it like getting a flight over here?

I'm not stuck in Narita. I was flown here via military airlift through Atsugi. So I don't think my experience would be the same as someone who tried to fly commercial.

Oh wow I think that's actually pretty close to us! Welcome to Tokyo! Could you get the package sent to your Japanese address or to a friend in Japan? Some mail is still managing to get through if it's not through Japan Post (they have banned all mail between the US and Japan). Also, sorry, I'm not sure if you're just coming back from something or if this is your first time here so sorry if I'm telling you things you already know.
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(05-21-2020, 01:41 AM)lillingworth Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 01:15 AM)22gunsonfire Wrote:

Oh wow I think that's actually pretty close to us! Welcome to Tokyo! Could you get the package sent to your Japanese address or to a friend in Japan? Some mail is still managing to get through if it's not through Japan Post (they have banned all mail between the US and Japan). Also, sorry, I'm not sure if you're just coming back from something or if this is your first time here so sorry if I'm telling you things you already know.
I don't actually live in Japan but I've been here a few times before. I'm here as "essential US personnel". My quarantine is pretty rigorous. I did 14 days of isolation when I arrived in-country and am now doing another 18 before moving to my workplace. We are not allowed any additional materials beyond what we entered with. I do have some friends here but they couldn't receive nor deliver anything to me in a meaningful amount of time. It is a little frustrating having all this opportunity out there to complete my classes and not very many avenues right now XD
Yea that sucks a bit. Is there anything else you need that you can knock out while you wait? Some Sophia courses or anything like that?