Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten University MBA $349/month discounted tuition
Hello, everyone...

I just got off the phone with an enrollment representative from Patten U. It was mostly an informational phone conversation to learn more details and get all my questions answered. I am interested in the MBA program with a concentration in human resources.

The advertised tuition for Patten U's graduate degree programs is $520/month. However, the guy with whom I spoke offered me a discounted rate of $349/month if I agreed to a start date of August 31st. Since I had initially wanted to start in September, moving the start date to the end of August would be no big deal to me.

The $349 monthly tuition would be in effect for one year. Since I was planning to finish the program in a year or less, this will work for me. I still have not yet enrolled because I need to give this educational venture some more thought, but the idea of earning a regionally accredited masters degree for $4,000 is tantalizing.

The MBA program's prerequisite courses are college algebra and microeconomics, but I was told that another previously completed college-level math course could be used to fulfill the algebra requirement. I completed a statistics course through WGU last year and hope Patten U will accept it. If they insist I take college algebra, I probably will not enroll.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
Everyday Math at Excelsior fulfilled the algebra requirement at Patten, so I would think they would approve Stats. By the way, they gave me an answer in less than 24 hours. I found their customer service to be remarkable.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Thanks for this. I'm actually looking at them right now! What did you have to do to get this deal besides call? Can anyone get this discounted rate? Did he provide a coupon code? Thanks a bunch!

Also, if you have to take college algebra, maybe see if the ALEKS college algebra would transfer. I found it to be one of their easier offerings, got through it in a day and it was only $20.
Patten MBA Finance

TESC ASBA, BSBA General Management, Arnold Fletcher Award
10/31/14=24 credits
11/30/14=47 credits
12/31/14=12 credits
01/31/15= 15 credits
02/13/15= DONE!!!
ALEKS: Intro Statistics, Int. Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalc
CLEP: A&I Lit, College Comp, Marketing, Management, Macroeconomics
DSST: Supervision
STRAIGHTERLINE: Intro to Business, Accounting 1 & 2, Ethics & Business Professional, Organizational Management, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Environmental Science, Microeconomics, Anthropology, Business Law, Religion
TECEP: Strategic Management, Advertising, Marketing Communications, Business in Society, Public Relations,Psychology of Women, Technical Writing, CIS
PENN FOSTER: Finance
iwant2stalku Wrote:Thanks for this. I'm actually looking at them right now! What did you have to do to get this deal besides call? Can anyone get this discounted rate? Did he provide a coupon code? Thanks a bunch!
No coupon code was needed. Just ask for the so-called "summer scholarship" when you call or email the school.
iwant2stalku Wrote:Also, if you have to take college algebra, maybe see if the ALEKS college algebra would transfer. I found it to be one of their easier offerings, got through it in a day and it was only $20.
Patten U accepted my introductory statistics course as a substitute for college algebra, so I do not have to worry about conjuring up math credits.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 196 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 250 6 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,046 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,451 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,839 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,965 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000