Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a CAPSTONE
Sorry, but what the hell is a capstone? Sorry if this sounds basically nuts!
The concept is for you to have a chance to complete and demonstrate a mastery of your chosen subject matter. My COSC Capstone was a 20 page paper about my education and how it would be woven into the tapestry of my vocation and life. It was time consuming and i was SOOO ready to just be DONE!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Is this like the final course for enrollment that usually requires like your last subject with Tesc? Can you take a course instead? Is this capstone required of all graduates?
There is a capstone for BA degrees and BSBA degrees. I think you are looking at the BSAST and in that case it looks like the Current Trends & Applications class would be considered like a capstone since it is required.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
As far as I know, the BSBA programs at TESC are the only ones where you can test out of the capstone. The course is Business Policy which is a TECEP. Though I'm not as familiar with the other degree programs at TESC or the other 2 colleges, I don't think you test out of the other capstones. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or if there is an exception)

EDIT: If you go to their catalog, search for the word capstone, then you should find all of the courses that are the capstones.
Also, if you go here: http://www.tesc.edu/heavin/bshs/Capstone...ements.cfm, you'll see that a capstone is "an in-depth, student-centered experience which requires the integration of theory and practical experience. Students will demonstrate an understanding of their knowledge by applying it to a specific project."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GRRRRR.... Capstone vent burbuja0512 8 2,472 03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Last Post: skybirds
  Survey for my Senior Capstone! 3 minutes! rileychica 2 956 06-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Last Post: nick94