Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What percentage of students completes LA*498
Does anyone know what percentage of students enrolled in LA*498 (BSLA at Excelsior) actually completes the course without failing it?
Isn't that the capstone? I imagine the pass rate is pretty high, because there's a whole lot of "vetting" done up to that point as most students are taking it as their last course.

i don't have any way to confirm this, but most people aren't going to let their final course be the one that stops them.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-07-2020, 07:21 PM)jsd Wrote: Isn't that the capstone? I imagine the pass rate is pretty high, because there's a whole lot of "vetting" done up to that point as most students are taking it as their last course.

i don't have any way to confirm this, but most people are going to let their final course be the one that stops them.
Thanks for the answer 

Capstone, correct.

For some students this is also the only course (they tested out for the rest), hence the question. I hope someone has a more specific answer.
(06-07-2020, 07:31 PM)ninod Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 07:21 PM)jsd Wrote: Isn't that the capstone? I imagine the pass rate is pretty high, because there's a whole lot of "vetting" done up to that point as most students are taking it as their last course.

i don't have any way to confirm this, but most people are going to let their final course be the one that stops them.
Thanks for the answer 

Capstone, correct.

For some students this is also the only course (they tested out for the rest), hence the question. I hope someone has a more specific answer.

If they tested out, they still put in a lot of effort, if not more.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(06-07-2020, 07:37 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 07:31 PM)ninod Wrote:

Thanks for the answer 

Capstone, correct.

If they tested out, they still put in a lot of effort, if not more.
It sounds like "high" might mean 80-90% pass and 10-20% fail and have to spend another $1,500 for another semester?

Thanks.
We don't really have a way of knowing this. None of the big 3 as far as I know publish their pass rates.

I've never seen anyone on this forum post about not passing their capstone, however. Some people have paid for extensions (at TESU, not sure of Excelsior allows this), but never a fail.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • ss20ts
Capstone takes all of the knowledge you have learned in that subject area and wraps it all up. In most schools, it's a variety of essays and papers. It's not like there's a bunch of quizzes or exams. If you do the papers, it's really hard to fail.
Generally being your last class most put a ton of time into the capstone course.  It should have a very high pass rate.  
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I honestly can't think that anyone fails their capstone. And no one on here has reported that they've failed in all the years I've been on here (like 10+). Not a single time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students yutzyj 125 206,534 01-02-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English language proficiency for non-us students cecilgambe7 34 4,342 08-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  6,001 Excelsior College Graduates & 93 international students and other facts! Life Long Learning 4 1,418 07-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL