Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a limit to Modern States?
Sorry if this it the wrong place to post this

I'm using Modern States to study/take advantage of their CLEP voucher program, and I'm wondering if there's a limit to the number of CLEP vouchers they'll provide free of charge. I'll probably use the site to study regardless, but if there's a limit I might choose some different paths to go about things.

Bonus Question: Is it worth getting a Sophia membership? Can I grind through courses in a day or two like I've been doing with Modern States?

Thanks for your help
I think at one point there was a 5-voucher limit or something along those lines but I do not think that there is a limit any longer. However, I would absolutely suggest Sophia instead of CLEP wherever possible. Even if CLEP centers are open in your area, Sophia does not require visiting a testing center or any other special proctoring requirements. This means that you can actually complete Sophia courses even more quickly than getting CLEP credits. If you are going with TESU, Sophia can fulfill most GE requirements and then some. Sophia isn't quite as good for COSC and Excelsior but they're not bad either as far as what they accept. And, again, it's way faster to do Sophia courses than CLEP ones.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick, ss20ts
Awesome thank you very much, I'll definitely work in Sophia then
(10-11-2020, 10:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think at one point there was a 5-voucher limit or something along those lines but I do not think that there is a limit any longer. However, I would absolutely suggest Sophia instead of CLEP wherever possible. Even if CLEP centers are open in your area, Sophia does not require visiting a testing center or any other special proctoring requirements. This means that you can actually complete Sophia courses even more quickly than getting CLEP credits. If you are going with TESU, Sophia can fulfill most GE requirements and then some. Sophia isn't quite as good for COSC and Excelsior but they're not bad either as far as what they accept. And, again, it's way faster to do Sophia courses than CLEP ones.

Do you know if Sophia's Approaches to Studying World Religion's is equivalent Intro to World Religions?  I need Intro to World Religions to transfer to TESU.  Looking for the fastest/easiest way.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(10-11-2020, 03:33 PM)collegechick Wrote: Do you know if Sophia's Approaches to Studying World Religion's is equivalent Intro to World Religions?  I need Intro to World Religions to transfer to TESU.  Looking for the fastest/easiest way.

It comes in as REL-100 Introduction to Religion https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

You probably need the SDC course Religion 101: Intro to World Religions that's brought in as REL-277 Intro to World Religions
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick
(10-11-2020, 03:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 03:33 PM)collegechick Wrote: Do you know if Sophia's Approaches to Studying World Religion's is equivalent Intro to World Religions?  I need Intro to World Religions to transfer to TESU.  Looking for the fastest/easiest way.

It comes in as REL-100 Introduction to Religion https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

You probably need the SDC course Religion 101: Intro to World Religions that's brought in as REL-277 Intro to World Religions

Thank you for the info. Are the tests proctored online with Study.com?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(10-11-2020, 03:42 PM)collegechick Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 03:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Thank you for the info.  Are the tests proctored online with Study.com?

yes
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
SDC uses RPNow for proctoring, not ProctorU. More details on the SDC experience available on the wiki at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Study.com
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 463 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 634 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Modern States voucher not working FloridaCLEPMom 1 336 01-06-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,984 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  Modern States Issues GameSlinger 3 519 08-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Modern States English Comp Modular Excellente 3 1,394 11-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Excellente
  Modern States shelsingh 7 1,590 10-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Last Post: dfrecore