Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you take on too much...
mrs.b Wrote:@ irnbru: I've steered away from testing options due to a testing phobia (fainting at the test center does not promote that warm, fuzzy "I finished a class!" feeling), but after contemplating my course load over the weekend, I think I'm just going to work on getting over that, because testing is easier and faster, with less of a time burden. I have not yet set the TECEP date, but I'm now pushing hard to finish these self-paced courses first to get them off my plate, then look at the TECEP and DSST exam. And some of the other courses I planned to take at Colorado-Pueblo and Penn Foster, I'm looking at test options for those now. Trying to multitask them all as courses at the same time just wasn't working. I may need to see my doctor for some anti-anxiety meds, but that's probably better than driving myself to burnout with all those courses at once.
Oh my. If/when you get the better of your phobia, please let me know; I'd be pretty happy to figure out how to not pass out during a routine eye exam :mad:.

Good luck! Apologies, I have no good advice for you, since I dealt with my spread-too-thinness by dropping two classes.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
mrs.b I don't know what it is, but somehow this forum is a big help. Maybe it's because your family and friends, no matter how supportive, probably haven't gone through what you're going through. Folks here are supportive, and it's a real supportiveness. They don't hesitate to point out reality. Kinda neat from folks who I wouldn't recognize if I passed them in the street.
All of you are amazing! You really are an inspiration. I don't know how you manage to do everything. I don't have a job or kids or house to take care of, and I have not been able to take more than three courses (regular/instructor led) at a time! Then again, I could not survive on little sleep. Must have something to do with being a teenager (although I can hardly be growing anymore). I need to have at least eight hours of sleep each night and even still I can be sleepy during the day. When I don't get enough sleep I can be sleepy all day, yawning through my studies, trying to focus. I can't figure out why.

My hobby? I sew my own clothes, which takes a lot of time, and tends to be put aside when I have lots of studying to do. That really saves money on clothing costs though. I also teach dance for about two hours a week, although the planning/preparation/practice/research takes longer. I also play piano and take piano lessons.

Sorry I don't have any advice. I could probably use advice from many of you!
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
I'm in the same boat and right now I feel like I'm totally drowning! I feel like I'm failing at everything I'm trying to do and I have been doing fine until now, so I think I'm just losing focus and just plain tired. Just make a plan and keep tabs on your end goal. Make sure you are keep time for yourself and your family a priority. I have been slipping in those areas and now it is taking its toll on me physically and mentally. If I didn't have so much invested and be so close I would throw in the towel! You can do this, just keep it reasonable and start getting more sleep, or you will be in my boat, and trust me it is sinking fast, so I don't need any riders! LOL! Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more