Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get 6 more credits in Art?
I am working on a degree plan for a BA in Art from TESU. LL credits are in abundance and easy to find, but I don't think the degree requires too many. I found some UL credits from a school not far from where I live. Additionally, I have found one Art class from FHSU and one from Coopersmith. But I need two more classes. One needs to be Painting. The other needs to be any UL Art class. Of course, if it is Painting and UL, I don't need another UL class. "Art" is broad and I think that can be Art History, Design, Desktop Publishing, 3D computer graphics, etc.

Does anyone know where to find an on-line painting class, for credit? Plus an on-line upper level art class?
I see lots of computer "Art", but many of the UL have prerequisite computer "Art".

See if they have any that are online: http://www.coastline.edu/academics/art-department

They probably have something that's completely online: http://www.scad.edu/academics/programs/p...egrees/bfa

this seems like a cheap option under $600 for an online class

An introduction to Adobe Photoshop, the imaging software application used by professional graphic artists to create and modify images for use in print and web media. This graphic design training course includes topics about working with the tools and user interface, working with selections, retouching, correcting, and enhancing photographs, layer basics, masking, compositing, preparing files for the web, and more. Students learn through hands-on practice and a series of creative projects.

Note: Basic Mac or PC computer knowledge required. Online participants must have Adobe Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Creative Cloud installed on their computers. Online students will be utilizing Lynda.com as a textbook reference guide. Subscription options and pricing are available at Lynda.com. Students will be required to subscribe to Lynda.com for textbook access.

Course Number: ART-40311
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Children’s Book Illustration, Children’s Book Writing, Digital Media Content Creation, Graphic Design, Technical Communication, User Experience (UX) Design, Web Design

https://extension.ucsd.edu/courses-and-p...troduction

Not sure if its college credit or not
(03-22-2018, 05:48 PM)Ideas Wrote: I see lots of computer "Art", but many of the UL have prerequisite computer "Art".

See if they have any that are online: http://www.coastline.edu/academics/art-department

They probably have something that's completely online: http://www.scad.edu/academics/programs/p...egrees/bfa

They seem to have a painting class, but not offered on-line. I found many LL Art classes, but none that will meet the requirement of "Painting".
Art is one of the hard ones to do inexpensively. Even TESU doesn't offer courses for the degree.

And, I'm not certain that they will accept all types of computer/graphic design courses for the degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://www.class-central.com/report/moocs-for-credit/

any of these UL

COURSES
Introduction to Graphic Illustration
Cornish College of the Arts via Kadenze
Go To Class | ★★★★★ (2 ratings) | Self paced

Comics: Art in Relationship
California College of the Arts via Kadenze
Go To Class | Self paced

The Modern Genius: Art and Culture in the 19th Century
Otis College of Art and Design via Kadenze
Go To Class | ★★★★★ (2 ratings) | Self paced

Culture and Art Making
Seoul Institute of the Arts via Kadenze
Go To Class | 21st Mar, 2018

Introduction to Sound and Acoustic Sketching
University St. Joseph via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Touring Modernism: From the French avant-garde to American Pop and Beyond
School of the Art Institute of Chicago via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Introduction to Generative Arts and Computational Creativity
Simon Fraser University via Kadenze
Go To Class |

60 Years of French Fashion
Paris College of Art via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Making Meaning: An Introduction to Designing Objects
School of the Art Institute of Chicago via Kadenze
Go To Class | 25th Mar, 2018

Introduction to Motion Design: Time and Transformation
Ringling College of Art + Design via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Visual Storytelling: Envisioning a Narrative for Film and Video Games
Ringling College of Art + Design via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Contemporary Museum Education
Pratt Institute via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Gender, Feminism, Art and Technology
The University of Texas at Austin via Kadenze
Go To Class | 3rd Apr, 2018

Foundations of Arts and Entertainment Technologies
The University of Texas at Austin via Kadenze
Go To Class |

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 168 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,154 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 623 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 593 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,071 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 642 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,401 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 4,139 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded