Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help- looking for easier
Hey Folks, 

Looking for advise on a degree. I have been in the utility field for several years and have made it to a high up specialty position.  All my collogues have engineering degrees, where I worked my way up from the bottom to where I am currently at.  About a decade ago I went to a trade school and following that have done many technical trainings.  While I could continue my career without formal education, I would ultimately like to get some form of degree so I could continue to advance my career.

As the thread subject says I am looking for something "easy" by that I mean I do not have the bandwidth to spend 10+hrs a week on continuing education between work and my family with 2 young children.  Realistically I would be fine and happy with just a generic Associates degree at least for now. 

Trade School- I have 55 credits that have never transferred or been worth anything any place I've tried (excelsior didn't accept any)
Community College credits- Would have to request my transcript but it was just college level Math and English 
Excelsior-  I went to a technical training a few years back which excelsior gave 22credits towards

Any thoughts of the best path forward?
I'm thinking Excelsior's associates or as I believe I'd have close to 30 credits with my technical training and current college credits or BOG degree.
Advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
EU is going to be fairly expensive for an AA as they require a capstone for all AA's. I'd say a BOG AAS from Pierpont.

You should probably request an unofficial transcript from your CC (they may even let you just download the info) and then post the courses here. The Trade school name would be helpful so we can see what it is. And an unofficial EU transcript as well, and post those credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Welcome to the board, you might want to provide us more details by following this link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

My suggestion is to get the Pierpont BOG AAS with your current credits and ladder up to UMPI BAS if you have 40 technical credits transferred in, otherwise go for the UMPI BLS when the time comes.  I suggest getting the bulk of your lower level courses with Sophia.org when you invest in a second monitor to multi-task.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]