Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which provider? English & Math
(04-04-2021, 11:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 09:18 AM)NC Coach Wrote: What would be the recommended study materials for the TECEP or CLEP for English Comp?    I feel I have a very good understanding of how to compose proper paragraphs, but in terms of how to create any citations or whatever else may be specific to these tests, I would need something to reference prior to testing.

There's an Official CLEP study guide, you can buy a used one for like $4, get it at the library for free, or do ModernStates.org for free (plus you get a free voucher to take the exam, and they'll reimburse testing center fees).  You can also just go online and look up citations.

https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...guide.html

For the TECEP, I just looked up the OWL lab ^^ and took the test cold.  There's just not a lot to the exam, I thought it was very easy.  My best hint - copy what you type in, because when you click over to the next screen, they may ask you to retype what you just typed, and you can't go back to previous sections.  Oh, and when I took it, there was no word counter, which was SUPER frustrating.  I'd say that's the biggest issue with the TECEP is the setup of the exam, rather than the difficulty of the tasks.

That's very helpful.   Thank you.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
(03-24-2021, 01:53 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: My friend can't access a CLEP testing center at the moment.
They're looking for recommendations to get the following:
They are going for the ASNSM Math at TESU and missing a few credits.

English Comp I & II - 6 Credits 
Calculus I - 3 Credits

Does the new Study.com English Comp courses come through as English Composition I & II?
I know the older English 104 and 105 doesn't transfer, does the new English 204 and 205 work?
Is Calculus I at Study.com better or at StraighterLine or somewhere else?
Hi, StraighterLine is a great option! It's affordable and your friend can knock out those few missing credits super quickly.
(03-24-2021, 01:53 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: My friend can't access a CLEP testing center at the moment.

Calculus I - 3 Credits

Does the new Study.com English Comp courses come through as English Composition I & II?
I know the older English 104 and 105 doesn't transfer, does the new English 204 and 205 work?

StraighterLine courses are super easy and affordable, definitely recommend StraighterLine if you want to knock out courses super quickly!
(04-27-2021, 10:29 AM)nemokg Wrote:

Calculus I - 3 Credits

StraighterLine courses are super easy and affordable, definitely recommend StraighterLine if you want to knock out courses super quickly!

Settle down! We get it, you're a superfan.  Most on here aren't any longer, but glad you like them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm having trouble deciding what to plant in my garden this year, any advice?

Nemokg Answer:  Hey StraighterLine is a great option!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • AllThose299s, studyingfortests, TINASAM
It's so obv it's a plant for SL, he's not even trying not to show it.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

When conditions for students are favorable, u dont need to do anything. They will flow to the provider and take as much courses as they can. Maybe its something to think about and work on instead of posting all over the forum?
I think the main thing with SL at this point is that it's more expensive than Sophia, and doesn't provide UL options like Study.com. So it's just not going to be the go-to choice for most people on this forum. They were popular when they were one of the only options years ago, but you just don't get the same value any longer.

Oh yeah, and they used to offer some things you couldn't find elsewhere: Chem 2 w/lab and Physics 2 w/lab. But they let those expire in 2015, and now there's nothing they offer that isn't offered by tons of other providers.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TINASAM
(04-04-2021, 09:33 AM)NC Coach Wrote: I've read so many people on here complain about how difficult the Sophia English Comp is that it's made me not want to take it.

Yeah, my daughter bounced off of that course too, and that was after a pretty long streak of success with Sophia.org courses.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(04-28-2021, 12:42 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 09:33 AM)NC Coach Wrote: I've read so many people on here complain about how difficult the Sophia English Comp is that it's made me not want to take it.

Yeah, my daughter bounced off of that course too, and that was after a pretty long streak of success with Sophia.org courses.

I've heard complaints about SL's English Comp II for years, when people were taking it there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,202 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,744 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 787 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  does sophia english touch stone allow to use chatgpt or grammerly? sekiflying 10 2,358 08-13-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sekiflying
Heart Is it possible to finish English composition II in one month on study.com? imkingta 16 1,837 07-22-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I Avidreader 17 1,692 07-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel? SweetsugarNL 12 3,731 07-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 7,002 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP