Poll: Who Would Win in a Heads Up Poker Match?
This poll is closed.
Spock
60.00%
9 60.00%
Data
40.00%
6 40.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would Win at Poker?
Just got back from seeing the new Star Trek movie (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and randomly thought who would win in a heads up poker game...Data from Star Trek The Next Generation the greatest machine ever built or Spock, the greatest Vulcan mind ever to live? you decide Wink

Personally I think Spock and his half human emotion might give him an edge

hilarious

pointless I know, if all else fails what did you think of the movie or any other summer blockbuster you recently saw Big Grin
Spock, definitely! hilarious

Data can calculate odds, but Spock can probably bluff better. Smile
Griffin Wrote:Data can calculate odds, but Spock can probably bluff better.
I'm with you on this one, even though I'm not a Trekkie. Sensibility to the finer points of human behavior is doubtless necessary in such a situation.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Haven't seen any of the movies or TV episodes but I think Data would win. Spock might bluff at some times but would Data be able to realize he was sincere? Or would Data just calculate the odds of Spock having a better hand than he did. I think Data would win!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Data wins.

His pattern recognition would pick up on all of Spock's tendencies over time and he would systematically destroy him on the poker table. Spock wins with strategy in the short term, Data wins with math and pattern recognition skills in the long term.

Seven year-old thread resurrected. Boom. Hunter91 drops the mic.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Don't play poker, but love watching that show.... the memories.
I would not know who to pick haha... they've got their "ups" and "downs".
If I really had to choose, I think i'll be deciding/thinking along the same way as Hunter91.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
As I recall, Riker used to beat Data regularly. I would think Spock could do as well.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?