Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you get more...
JC Chasez was my favorite singer in NSYNC. I was disappointed that his solo career wasn't as successful as Justin Timberlake's.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
the Junior Cheeseburger from Wendy's is just too small, I'm more of Whopper kind of guy.
DESM

24 to go

CC (2012)
World Religions - A, Speech Communication - B, Intro to Sociology - A

CLEPS (August-September 2015)
Introductory Psychology - 64, Spanish Language - 80, Western Civilization I - 58, Western Civilization II - 57, Principles of Macroeconomics - 54, Principles of Microeconomics - 52, Principles of Marketing - 59, Principles of Management - 52, Information Systems - 64

DSST (September-October 2015)
Ethics in America - 462, Principles of Supervision - 422

ECE (September-October 2015)
Organizational Behavior - A, Human Resource Management - B

PF (October)
Financial Mngmt - 96

SL (October-November 2015)
Eng Comp 1 & 2 - 80, Acct 1 & 2 - 86, Bus Comm - 82, Bus Stats - 83, Biology - 74, American Govt - 83, Business Law - 84

Sophia (December 2015)
Project Management - 89

Aleks (December 2015)
Intermediate & College Algebra

Kaplan (December 2015)
PLA - Learning Recognition

American Institutes (December 2015)
Ethics & CPCU
Well, I personally lost faith in Julius Caesar after that whole "Julian Calendar" debacle...I mean, who has the nerve to name a whole calendar system after themselves???:roflol:
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
I identify as an Agnostic/Atheist I suppose, but when did this forum become a bunch of bullies?

We all know the person meant Jesus Christ. A lot of forum members are minors who were home schooled and this one was just maybe trying to find common ground with someone. I could maybe understand if they came in with some aggressive evangelizing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If you don't have anything in common, stay out of it.

Congratulations, a bunch of 30 to 50 year-olds managed to act like school girls.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I didn't think anyone was a bully - I thought the whole thing was quite funny - in fact the best laugh I have had in a while.

In addition - I am a school girl - that's not an insult.

In addition - thanks for cutting my age - again not an insult to be called 30 to 50 when you are 60.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

GoodYellowDogs Wrote:I didn't think anyone was a bully - I thought the whole thing was quite funny - in fact the best laugh I have had in a while.
Yeah, bullies usually do think their antics are just hi-lar-i-ous.
In order to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, before posting I googled his username to discover that he had recently joined several forums of various types recently (and in phases, to other forums since at least 2009), in which he asked this same question. His profile on at least one of those sites lists him as a 28-year-old male, so I assume he is past the age of homeschooling.

We sometimes see people here who will post a few short things, then suddenly add a link to their blog/ website/ money-making scheme. The OP's posts seemed to have that vibe, especially when combining such a folksy vernacular with a very personal question.

In contrast, most of the "legit" new members here have a purpose and ask for advice about college-related issues. They are also very nice, I hasten to add. This particular poster seems to be a one-off.

I gathered that the intention of many of the posters above was to keep this forum focused on academic questions rather than religious ones. Many people here are very religious, others are not, and the fact that we all respect each other and focus on academic issues is one of the great things about this forum.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:In order to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, before posting I googled his username to discover that he had recently joined several forums of various types recently (and in phases, to other forums since at least 2009), in which he asked this same question. His profile on at least one of those sites lists him as a 28-year-old male, so I assume he is past the age of homeschooling.

We sometimes see people here who will post a few short things, then suddenly add a link to their blog/ website/ money-making scheme. The OP's posts seemed to have that vibe, especially when combining such a folksy vernacular with a very personal question.

In contrast, most of the "legit" new members here have a purpose and ask for advice about college-related issues. They are also very nice, I hasten to add. This particular poster seems to be a one-off.

I gathered that the intention of many of the posters above was to keep this forum focused on academic questions rather than religious ones. Many people here are very religious, others are not, and the fact that we all respect each other and focus on academic issues is one of the great things about this forum.

I knew he was talking about Jesus Christ and just about anything goes in the off-topic sub-forum. However, like you said, this poster gives off the vibes of a spammer. I could be wrong with this assumption, but his other posts were odd. We've had posters in the past who will make a few posts just to get their post count up and appear somewhat legitimate and then start to make posts with links or a pitch of a for-profit service.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Outis Wrote:Yeah, bullies usually do think their antics are just hi-lar-i-ous.

I didn't respond to the question, so I think I'm fairly unbiased in this - I did not think anyone came off as a bully at all. I too thought it was funny how so many posters could come up with their own answers to the question that were completely different from each other, and yet all made sense. None was mean at all. No one said anything out of bounds towards the OP.

If the OP was legit in asking the question, a little more perspective would have been good to throw in there. Otherwise, it's all up for grabs.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My goodness...In my wildest dreams I never imagined responding to a vague, fragmented sentence with a little light-hearted banter would create such a firestorm.
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit