Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will tests replace Incompletes or F's
Hey,
I have been going to TESC and have a question for you all on grades. I have several Incompletes and an f from early on and am wondering if i take the test that correspondes to the class will the class grade be traded out for the test. Just wondering as this will raise my GPA alot......

RM
I'm not a TESC person, but it is interesting to know that they even put the F's or I's on your transcript. If that's the case, and GPA is very important for you than I would consider a switch to Excelsior. They won't transcript an F (or lower than a C from a test), and you can remove D's with other tests or courses. You'll probably need to follow-up with an advisor to be sure.
BLS CIS & Psychology Excelsior, MS IT & MS IM Aspen University, Pursuing MBA Columbia Southern.
Ramiller - I'm also at Excelsior, and as I understand it, TESC does not calculate a GPA so it kinda fits that they would put all of your history on your transcript.
Like siersema said, I don't think EC lists anything failing. I don't think they list anything below the ACE recommended minimums for exams and for previous classes I think they only list passing classes. I think I had a D from one of my classes and that is on my transcript.

If you had a low GPA from past classes and if GPA is important to you, maybe EC is the way to go... of course it's a significant investment either way. Cool
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Can't remember who but someone on the board said that in spite of the clean transcript they had to supply all sources of credit. I think it was in the Law School thread. (I tried to search but couldn't find the magic words.)
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
I think TESC will move some stuff around for you. I mentioned my GPA concerns to one advisor and she looked at all my "extra" credits and moved them around a bit, which increased my GPA about 3.0. My concern was if I wanted to get a masters degree. I had a lot of extra credits from Technical College and such. She was very helpful. I wish my Clep and Dantes were graded instead of CR only. I would have substantially increased my gpa. I believe I receive all A's so far. My goal was a quick degree though. It's all about that fine balance.Wink
[COLOR="Blue"]Dan
Douglasville, Georgia
Finished my degree 6-15-06
56 previous college credits (from 1987)
9 Dantes (Statistics, Ethics, World Religions)
9 CLEP (Socialogy, Prin of Management, American Gov.)
67 credits for my A&P license (Airframe and Powerplant)
TESC - BSAST- Aviation Maintenance Technology[/COLOR]
Hey,
ok, will have to call and find out. I am not enrolled right now but will be credit banking in Aug.

I had one term at TESC that i basically dropped as i got sick and was in the hosp. for and extended period of time. So i have 3 inc. and 1 f.
They were all lower level so i may just retake at another school, a local CC or one of the CC in New Mexico, ie CLovis to get rid of those.....

RM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 930 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 976 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,325 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,517 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 854 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,550 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,338 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Only two CLEP tests per day Jenniferinfl 6 1,836 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Am I ready for my CLEP tests? Jenniferinfl 21 3,786 01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Best order for Clep business/finance tests? Jenniferinfl 24 3,732 01-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl