Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rasmussen is the new best friend. $99 per class RA CBE
[Image: andre-the-giant-big-eyes.gif]
So, are these graded? $99 for 3 credits RA and graded would be amazing! You made me look! I wonder if you can just apply, get put into a degree program that uses the majority of these courses, and once done, transfer to COSC/Excelsior/TESU or another CBE such as UMPI/WGU to finish. Unless of course, the CBE program is cheaper, easier, faster than the Big 3/other CBE programs, then just stay with Rasmussen...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir
Even if they force you to "enroll", if the courses are still transcribed at $99 and you "drop out" I hope you can still transfer away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(10-06-2021, 05:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, are these graded?  $99 for 3 credits RA and graded would be amazing!  You made me look!  I wonder if you can just apply, get put into a degree program that uses the majority of these courses, and once done, transfer to COSC/Excelsior/TESU or another CBE such as UMPI/WGU to finish.  Unless of course, the CBE program is cheaper, easier, faster than the Big 3/other CBE programs, then just stay with Rasmussen...

It looks like even if you're able to transfer in the full 75% of the degree (they don't accept ACE), finishing at Rasmussen would still cost $20k. Unless I'm missing something? If you can find an employer to pay for your degree, that's not terrible. Still not great, though.

If you have an Associate's degree (hello, Pierpont), it looks like that would be a way to get them to accept ACE. Maybe. Rasmussen is still expensive at the undergrad level, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yup, that's what I mentioned, if you can get Rasmussen for cheaper/easier/faster than the Big 3/other CBE options, stick with them. The only reason I said this is because, it sounded like there is an option to transfer in 75% and use these $99/course options to finish the last 25% or roughly so. If that's the case, 10 courses at $99 would be an amazing grand... <drops all things and does a double calculation, yeah, that is wishful thinking, the CBE AOS isn't in this list of 10 courses...>

Ok, just got off the phone.

You cannot just sign up for these $99 courses, you must be a degree-seeking student registered for courses. If you're in a non-CBE program, you are required to take at least 6cr per 11-week term (generally 3cr per each 5½-week course), and if you're registered for these courses, you can add a GE self-paced course. If you're in the CBE program, you can also add one of these courses.

They are also ungraded P/F courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ashkir
So it sounds like there's no way to "trick" Rasmussen into allowing you to take the $99 courses. Expected, but disappointing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-08-2021, 10:12 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Ok, just got off the phone.

You cannot just sign up for these $99 courses, you must be a degree-seeking student registered for courses.  If you're in a non-CBE program, you are required to take at least 6cr per 11-week term (generally 3cr per each 5½-week course), and if you're registered for these courses, you can add a GE self-paced course.  If you're in the CBE program, you can also add one of these courses.

They are also ungraded P/F courses.

Too bad.  Thank you for doing the research, I appreciate that!
Ah, so these courses are just "add-on" courses, for degree seeking CBE students, this might be a good option. I think the CBE term is like $2700 a term or something which was mentioned in a thread. To get things done "faster", someone can do an assessment for $99 and get credit. This is still useful for individuals who want to speed through the course and get a P/F instead of graded course.

Nevermind, it's $3500 for selective programs (Nursing) and the Flex Choice program has changed to the Empowered Learning & Knowledge Credit.
Tuition Link: https://rasmussen.dcatalog.com/v/2021-Catalog/?page=138
Flex Link: https://www.rasmussen.edu/about-rasmusse...g-options/

Sad shame...

they had sooo much potential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 24 3,969 03-24-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: funknola
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 18,567 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
Information ASU adds a new class: CIS 405 Business Intelligence(Bus. Cert now available) MNomadic 3 1,541 05-01-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information ASU adds a new class: MAT 142 College Mathematics MNomadic 12 2,507 03-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Rasmussen & ACE? jsd 2 723 01-27-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Need help getting another friend started Dowew 25 2,848 03-14-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: ss20ts