Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what this forum needs?
We need a share feature. I wonder if that's something that can be added to the forum? It would certainly drive membership back here. Also, wouldn't it be great if I could tag someone in this post like Sgloer? Smile
you mean like
"share on facebook"
"share on twitter"?

yuck
Being able to share on FB would definitely be convenient.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
We already have a FB page now. https://www.facebook.com/pages/InstantCe...49?fref=ts
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:We already have a FB page now. https://www.facebook.com/pages/InstantCe...49?fref=ts

But that's not linked to the forum so it doesn't drive membership or share information- it's just a fan page. The down side of a fan page is that the page's admin does all the posting, so Steve (or designee) would have to make new posts every day, and that would stay enclosed on that page. It's separate. If we had a share button, any forum post or comment can be liked and shared. For instance, if I clicked share" to my FB page, any of my friends could click it and would come back here. Not sure why free marketing that increases membership is so objectionable to bluebooger, lol.

edit: it might not be a feature of this platform, because it's not available on the "other" forum either- but if it's not, it should be. Technology evolves, and self-enclosed vs social is looking more and more antiquated.
I really don't want things I say here posted on FB. I don't have a FB account in this name but many people know me by this name. I don't have a FB account in any name most people know and I don't have a picture on facebook that anyone would know is me.

I have never used twitter and have no plans to ever do that.

It makes me uncomfortable to be out there on the internet. I prefer my life be more unknown. Of course I am way over the hill so It just may be that I am out of touch with today's world, but when I go on FB and see people sharing every facet of there life and having it there forever I wonder what they will think 20 years down the road when it comes back to bite them in the A$$.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
bangheadbangheadbanghead
I see no issue with a share button. It would make sharing a little more convenient than copying the link to post on facebook. Not having it is not going to keep the info or posts off facebook, as I've seen links to threads on facebook before. It should be relatively easy to add facebook to the Share link, but I haven't dealt with forum admin in a while, so I don't know how it's done with this set. We can already share to Twitter and some others...
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
This is a test, I'm using the forum's already existing share button to share on my twitter feed.

UPDATE:

So when I use this forum's already existing "share" feature on twitter- it includes the forum thread title and a link to this thread. Since I'm logged in, it opens, but a non-member would have to create an account. There is no way someone can read these posts without an account. (hoping to help Linda on that, I wondered too) HOWEVER, this is the exact same thing you'd see if you did a google search - I get hits in google all the time that link me back to this forum (again, you'd have to create an account to see the thread content).
cookderosa Wrote:... If we had a share button, any forum post or comment can be liked and shared. For instance, if I clicked share" to my FB page, any of my friends could click it and would come back here. ..

what's stopping you from going to your facebook page at this very moment and making a post there that says

-----
I have a new book coming out!
read more at http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...grees.html
-----

is it really too much work to do that ?

I HATE having facebook and google+ and tumblr and twitter links and 90% of the pages I visit
it's just more targeted advertising and snooping which sites I'm browsing

every time you visit a page that has one of those facebook links, facebook knows you were there whether you posted to facebook or not

and I HATE that so many discussion boards and other web sites are now doing "sign in with your facebook account"

screw that

on some discussion sites if you make a comment it automatically gets posted on your facebook page

again, screw that

it's like that nonsense google did when they first integrated youtube with google+

like a video ? it automatically gets liked on your google+ account
make a comment on a video ? the comment automatically shows on your google+ account

thank god they finally got rid of that nonsense

I don't need facebook knowing I'm visiting this site and then start giving me ads for snhu.edu

I don't need this site loading extra javascript and slowing down page loads

if I see something that's interesting here and I think it would benefit my friends to hear about it then I'll go to facebook and make a post about it

better yet, I'll send my friends an email

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 6 826 03-14-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I missed this forum 2L8 1 1,044 03-07-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Can we disable necroposting on this forum? udi 19 2,643 04-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,616 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost sgloer 46 11,447 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,608 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  Link to Degree Forum Wiki jmeitrem 5 3,054 05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 6,014 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Forum Friend Requests dfrecore 18 3,493 09-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What's more telling? School or Degree Program....From the other forum rebel100 7 1,699 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: rebel100