Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amazon.com for books
I buy books of Amazon all the time. You can find great deals.
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
jmichelle79 Wrote:I buy books of Amazon all the time. You can find great deals.
:iagree: and I get free shipping...I just had to give in my email from my school and then they sent me a confirmation email and that was it Smile
I never tried selling my books back though because I can get more money back by selling it to my friends than what Amazon would give me...
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
I buy most of my books from Amazon because if is usually cheaper especially, when my orders qualify for free shipping. Once, I finish my need for the books, I am using, I sell them on Amazon as it is easier for me to deal with.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
Just to chime in again,

I've found great success purchasing my books off of eBay.

there is a website I use, bigwords.com, that does a search of the ISBN for the whole marketplace of book sellers minus eBay for the cheapest price for a text book, given the options to buy new, used, or rent. It also includes which stores you can sell the book back at the highest rate.

Using that info, i then look on ebay to see if I can find any prices that beat the bigwords prices and purchase it depending on the condition (if buy now is an option). So far I have actually made a profit on 2 books, and have broke completely even on 3.

Just my experience. I'll continue to do so until it fails to work.

-durandtheman
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
I've bought several outstanding books for less than a dollar on Amazon, plus $3.99 shipping. Sometimes they even have free shipping.

Remember, if you create an account on Amazon you are also allowed to sell books. Your book can be listed right there with others, at a competitive price.
I have bought several books from Amazon. When I can have a used book I also check out Betterworldbooks they sell on Amazon and they have their own site. Service is great and when I complained about the quality of one book I received they refunded my money no problem. I like the fact they donate some of the money to different literacy causes.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 360 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Investing Simulators & Books SweetSecret 11 1,536 05-22-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Got some overdue library books? Check! bjcheung77 6 1,226 12-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Amazon and McD Heroes! bjcheung77 2 691 01-28-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K - Pretty Snappy So Far! bjcheung77 0 460 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amazon Prime: FREE Battlefield 1 Origin Key! Expires Aug. 4, 2021 bjcheung77 5 1,260 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Amazon Fire HD 10" Tablet - 32G/64G Sale bjcheung77 1 703 07-25-2021, 12:50 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Amazon Prime Video: The Tomorrow War! bjcheung77 7 1,382 07-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  FREE - Amazon.com - Python and OpenGL (Kindle Edition) bjcheung77 1 804 07-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Project Management MBA books rachel83az 1 777 01-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Flelm