Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
candleboy has private messaging disabled.
Candleboy, since your messages are disabled, my very long reply has to either be copied and pasted here or deleted - so since my answer isn't private and it could help others, Ive decided to reply here.

Please fix your PM Wink if you'd like me to respond that way.

<<Hello.

I recently applied to uncp for their online business degree as a second degree seeking student. I transferred in an AS. I saw that you were active in the promise schools thread and I was wondering if you had any further knowledge on what that school's policy and limitations on distance learning were.>>

Hey!! Congratulations, have you heard yet if you're accepted? I would love to follow your progress and dissect some of the details of how all of this plays out for you.

What I know about NC & Promise- so if your AS is from a North Carolina Community College, you'll be guaranteed a full and perfect transfer. You'll automatically apply as a transfer student if you're over 21, and when you say second degree, I'm assuming you have a bachelor's - in that case credit from your first degree will be applied after that. I don't know their institutional credit requirement, I do know it's at least 30 but it could be higher.

If your AS is not from NC, each credit will be individually evaluated- it won't come in as a degree. They will unpack everything- so their own inhouse policy for CLEP, AP, DSST, ACE, NCCRS will all trump your degree. College credits earned from a previous RA college will likely transfer easily.

What does your AS look like? (and do you have a BA too?)
Thank you for the reply. I think I fixed my PM problem.

I only have an AS. it's in engineering science from University of Pittsburgh. So all the classes in that degree were taken at that school. So I guess my main concern is how much UNCP will let me supplement with cleps and Dante's to finish out a bachelor's at their school?
[-] The following 1 user Likes candleboy's post:
  • cookderosa
(12-03-2018, 12:21 AM)candleboy Wrote: Thank you for the reply. I think I fixed my PM problem.

I only have an AS. it's in engineering science from University of Pittsburgh. So all the classes in that degree were taken at that school. So I guess my main concern is how much UNCP will let me supplement with cleps and Dante's to finish out a bachelor's at their school?

Glad your pm is working!!

I would suggest asking them send you their list of acceptable CLEP and DSST exams. If you get one, would you mind sending it to me as well?? Thanks and good luck!!
I'm also interested to hear how the online degree process goes for you at UNCP. I found their CLEP policy in their catalog at this link: https://catalog.uncp.edu/content.php?cat...nto=search

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rebounding - Private schools & Homeschooling... bjcheung77 0 398 09-15-2022, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Elite Private Schools Increase Assets (UK) bjcheung77 0 419 12-05-2021, 01:30 AM
  Covid-19 Boosted Private School Enrollment bjcheung77 2 645 07-22-2021, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Disabled on a very fixed income need help finding free or cheap ways for credit carsonallen77 13 3,514 02-12-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Tlm please turn on private messaging studyandpass5 4 1,113 09-10-2019, 04:24 PM
  Learning Disabled, Need Some Advice retro 10 1,641 02-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  check your private messages storage space clep3705 2 1,572 08-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Disabled Student Scholarship KayV 0 1,024 11-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Private Student Loans videogamesrock 8 2,124 08-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Why can't I access the private member area? supermom 1 699 10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr