Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Year old Harvard Extension Graduate
I found this person on LinkedIn. She apparently went to AMU to get her Bachelor's and Master's in Intelligence Studies (an odd subject for someone so young and no military experience, but i digress). Then she did the Extension School and graduated at 15. She is now a PhD student. She was apparently also an adjunct.

A great example of someone using distance education to do great stuff.

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/eugenie-de-s...84/76a/a06

EDIT: Correction, 16 yrs old.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05...nt=event25
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I like her job title: "CEO at International Association of Child Prodigies"
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I like her job title: "CEO at International Association of Child Prodigies"

That position seems like a Glam job created to have a title.

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Prloko Wrote:That position seems like a Glam job created to have a title.

Well, she IS the founder Wink
I'm not sure how I would feel about having a homeland security instructor who is 16 and has no experience. In these courses, you're likely to come across students with years of experience in law enforcement, the military, government, etc.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I'm not sure how I would feel about having a homeland security instructor who is 16 and has no experience. In these courses, you're likely to come across students with years of experience in law enforcement, the military, government, etc.

I agree 100%.. But I guess they can argue theory, rather than application. (If it was an online course, no one would be the wiser)

Or maybe she's the world's youngest spy, like Spy Kids (2001) - IMDb

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:I agree 100%.. But I guess they can argue theory, rather than application. (If it was an online course, no one would be the wiser)

I found her dad on accident (his profile was linked to her page), https://www.linkedin.com/pub/eugene-de-silva/73/297/855

Maybe they ARE spies.. Cool

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:I agree 100%.. But I guess they can argue theory, rather than application. (If it was an online course, no one would be the wiser)

I think knowing only theory is fine for a lot of subjects, especially at the graduate level. However, homeland security is supposed to be applied. National security studies and security studies are more theory because they're basically international relations, but most of my security studies professors had military experience. The one who didn't have military experience had experience consulting government agencies. I don't know how deep they go into theory at a community college. I never took a homeland security course at one. It seems like she's just teaching an introductory course, so it can't hurt.

The father is starting up his own school and looks to have had a few other businesses in the past. Starting up random companies must be a thing with this family. Confusedmilelol:
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 388 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Holidays and New Year 2022! bjcheung77 7 955 12-25-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  How should I structure my CV as a UMPI Graduate? atmoex 8 1,029 02-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!! LevelUP 3 1,935 01-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  ACE 2022 Student of The Year ashkir 0 600 12-19-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 1,740 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,741 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  72 year old man w/cancer berated by judge for unclean yard bjcheung77 3 739 01-14-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Happy New Year 2022 ShotoJuku 4 867 01-13-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: PaulHarmon
  ACE Student of the Year Nominations Open ashkir 8 1,135 12-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: jch