Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eCore - RA credit?
The Georgia university system has something called eCore that lets you take a number of core (gen ed) classes online for $159/credit hour. So $477 per class. https://ecore.usg.edu/future-students/benefits Not super cheap, definitely more than TEL Learning costs, but they have a few potentially interesting options available. This includes Spanish, PHYSICS I AND II WITH LAB, CHEMISTRY I AND II WITH LAB, and Art Appreciation. If you want a BS at TESU, this is worth looking into!

The trick is that to take any of these courses, you must apply to one of the partner Georgia institutions. There are a good number of these schools and I'm not sure which one(s) would be best for this situation. Or if they'd work at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 5 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • doom, jch, nomaduser, Pikachu, Tedium
This seems like it would work for RA credit for sure. You enroll in one of the partner schools (I'd pick a community college except that I don't think there are any - these all look like public state universities). I'd shoot for one that didn't require a certain HS GPA or SAT/ACT scores, if possible.

Then, you sign up for the courses through the school.

It's kind of weird how they do that - it would make more sense to do it like ASU - if you already have to be admitted to the school, that kind of makes it difficult to figure out why someone would do it this way.

Anyway, there are some good options for courses - Intermediate Spanish I & II for instance.

BTW - for the science labs, there are additional costs, so it's going to start to get pricy I think.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-19-2020, 01:49 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The Georgia university system has something called eCore that lets you take a number of core (gen ed) classes online for $159/credit hour. So $477 per class. https://ecore.usg.edu/future-students/benefits Not super cheap, definitely more than TEL Learning costs, but they have a few potentially interesting options available. This includes Spanish, PHYSICS I AND II WITH LAB, CHEMISTRY I AND II WITH LAB, and Art Appreciation. If you want a BS at TESU, this is worth looking into!

The trick is that to take any of these courses, you must apply to one of the partner Georgia institutions. There are a good number of these schools and I'm not sure which one(s) would be best for this situation. Or if they'd work at all.
They have Biology II w/ lab depending on how TESU takes this it may make getting the ASNSM in Biology easier to get. That's the hardest course to find cheap.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

(12-19-2020, 01:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This seems like it would work for RA credit for sure. You enroll in one of the partner schools (I'd pick a community college except that I don't think there are any - these all look like public state universities). I'd shoot for one that didn't require a certain HS GPA or SAT/ACT scores, if possible.

Then, you sign up for the courses through the school.

It's kind of weird how they do that - it would make more sense to do it like ASU - if you already have to be admitted to the school, that kind of makes it difficult to figure out why someone would do it this way.

Anyway, there are some good options for courses - Intermediate Spanish I & II for instance.

BTW - for the science labs, there are additional costs, so it's going to start to get pricy I think.
Yeah the labs are like study.com and straighterline. You either get a escience box or a labster account depending on the class.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

The labs do raise the total price by a bit, yes. But if you need them, especially for RA credit, it's not a terrible price to pay.

So, I went through and checked out the admissions requirements for most of the institutions listed. East Georgia State College and South Georgia State College both have admissions processes for non-degree seeking students. About half of the rest have processes for "transient" students - you have to obtain a permission letter from the school you're getting a degree from.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
So just an FYI about the costs for the science courses (including tuition and lab - but not including s&h fees):

Bio I $716
Bio II 805

Chem I $789
Chem II $816

Physics I $666
Physics II $764

Geosciences I $698

Too pricy for my tastes, but I guess if you don't have an inexpensive CC nearby, you could consider it.

Another option for Bio I & II w/Labs and Chem I & II with Labs is Portage Learning, through Geneva College (also RA): those are all $792 per course, and all are online labs. They have other ones too (A&P I & II, Microbiology, etc.). And they're self-paced.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, Pikachu
I would only recommend courses from eCore/eMajor if you can't find them elsewhere. I think if a student is able to do a 8 week course, NMJC or another community college who offers 8 week courses may be a better idea or option. This is a good option to have if they can't get into classes elsewhere though...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
Wow... so there's another RA credit website.

We have many now: Earend admissions, Tel learning, University of Arkansas, University of Idaho, BYU, etc.
(12-19-2020, 02:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would only recommend courses from eCore/eMajor if you can't find them elsewhere.  I think if a student is able to do a 8 week course, NMJC or another community college who offers 8 week courses may be a better idea or option.  This is a good option to have if they can't get into classes elsewhere though...

NMJC has open spots in 2 online Bio II w/Lab courses right now - and for $70/cr + course fees, that's $320.  Textbook is free (openstax), lab manual is $115 or so, so total cost for the course is $435.  I'll take that over $800 any day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ
(12-19-2020, 02:07 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So, I went through and checked out the admissions requirements for most of the institutions listed. East Georgia State College and South Georgia State College both have admissions processes for non-degree seeking students. About half of the rest have processes for "transient" students - you have to obtain a permission letter from the school you're getting a degree from.

Does this mean I do the following if I want to use ecore as RA credit to trasnfer to TESU?
- enroll in ecore courses, apply as a non-degree seeking student in either East Georgia or South Georgia State College, complete ecore course, and get transcript from one of those colleges, and send to TESU for credit?

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(12-27-2020, 10:40 AM)elenlushk Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 02:07 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So, I went through and checked out the admissions requirements for most of the institutions listed. East Georgia State College and South Georgia State College both have admissions processes for non-degree seeking students. About half of the rest have processes for "transient" students - you have to obtain a permission letter from the school you're getting a degree from.

Does this mean I do the following if I want to use ecore as RA credit to trasnfer to TESU?
- enroll in ecore courses, apply as a non-degree seeking student in either East Georgia or South Georgia State College, complete ecore course, and get transcript from one of those colleges, and send to TESU for credit?

You'd need to apply to the college first, then enroll in eCore course(s). See instructions at https://ecore.usg.edu/future-students/ad...gistration
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,514 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 981 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Source for Online RA Credit?(Outlier.org) MNomadic 123 18,741 10-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  The cheapest 3-credit Calculus II online course? nomaduser 20 4,775 07-29-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Columbia College - 90 credit transfer/60 non traditional bjcheung77 1 1,107 02-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Fastest/easiest RA credit Pats20 18 3,092 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any 1-credit, letter-grade courses? ctcarl 22 3,377 06-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Algorithms and data structures RA credit course?? nomaduser 4 1,254 01-27-2021, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Pikachu
  Fundamentals of computer science RA credit course? nomaduser 6 1,423 01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Possibly a ra credit solution for some and upper level Pats20 3 958 12-19-2020, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Pats20