Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get the most of skillsoft
Hello All, my name's Tri, from Vietnam. I work for Department of State (DoS). DoS provide free skillsoft training. My idea is I will study as much as i need skillsoft course, transfer to ACE credit, and transfer to Thomas Edison college and get college degree. is that possible?

this is a list of skillsoft courseware can be transferred to ace credits:

SkillSoft - Academic Certification & Continuing Education

I love to hear your advice and experience,

thanks, Tri.
Hi Tri,
Welcome to the forum. My son is 21 and works as a DoD employee. He has earned 9 credits through Skillsoft that have successfully converted into ACE credit and transferred into TESC for academic credit. The IT credits like Security+,Ansi C, and C+ have all transferred into his BSBA under the CIS concentration. The business courses Non-Accounting Professionals and Finance were accepted as business electives, but DID NOT cover the core courses since they were 1 or 2 credits each.

I think that earning Skillsoft credit is a good idea if you can do them for free. It will give you good overall training in the subject areas, and it will help cover many of the IT subjects. I think that Skillsoft can help you earn credits toward your degree, but it is not the total solution.

My son also earned 12 credits in Accounting I & II, Macroeconomics and Microeconomics in one month for $99 using STRAIGHTERLINE and transferring credit through FHSU.

Before you go further with Skillsoft, make sure that the DoS has a system in place that ACE recognizes for earning credit. My son did his through E-Army learning and had a supervisor monitor his progress and sign the appropriate paperwork.

Geezer...which translates to "getting long in the tooth" hilarious
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thanks Geezer, now i feel college degree is possible for me. Thanks again Geeze.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could somebody explain Skillsoft again? ronaldemail1 5 1,086 10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: ronaldemail1