Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free 7 credit course
Oakton Community college is offering again the free 7 credits Web design courses is better to start signing up from now

https://www.ywca-ens.org/yweb-fall-2021-open-house-registration/

Looking for a career with remote work options?

Come to our YW Tech Lab

Open House!

(formerly known as YWeb Career Academy)

We added a new Open House date!

January 4, 2022: 6-7 pm (Central) on Zoom!

Attending our Open House is the required first step to enrolling in the YW Tech Lab program!

Register Here
What is YW Tech Lab?

YWeb Career Academy is now YW Tech Lab! Same program, new name!

YW Tech Lab is a FREE 4-month course which covers the foundations of web development including:
·      Design
·      HTML
·      CSS
·      Javascript

Earn 7 credit hours at Oakton Community College and connect with employers in the tech industry!

Come to the open house to learn more -- for yourself or someone you know who might be interested!

Women and people of color who participate in YW Tech Lab will gain tangible job skills and access to employment fields in which they have traditionally been underrepresented.

YW Tech Lab is part of a national partnership with Google.org, YWCA USA and YWCA Madison. YWCA Evanston/North Shore is partnering locally with Oakton Community College.

Register Here

Questions?
Contact Kristin Drake at kdrake@ywca-ens.org.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 3 users Like gams007's post:
  • jsd, MNomadic, NoStudentNoCry
Is this offered online?
(12-27-2021, 12:08 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Is this offered online?

Yes this course is offered full online just fill the form and join the meetings they will interview you later to check if you qualify for the  free web design course.
I did this course months ago, you need to participate in the virtual class session almost 3 hours daily the course length it is about 12 weeks of study to finished this courses one is the beginners and advance web design course.

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • ss20ts
@gams007, just wondering for the virtual classes, are these set times? Do they have different hours to select from?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I tried to enroll in web dev course in August and.was told- i have to attend some classes in person.
I wonder if this one is the same .... hope its fully online
When I did this, it was entirely online. There was exactly one class time. If you couldn't make it to the Zoom sessions, too bad. You needed to be able to attend. For anyone in Europe, these were 2-3 hour classes held in the middle of the night (evening in the USA). Attending from 1-4am is a bit rough, IMO.

That said, if your schedule permits, it's a decent credit opportunity for this who can take it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-27-2021, 11:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: When I did this, it was entirely online. There was exactly one class time. If you couldn't make it to the Zoom sessions, too bad. You needed to be able to attend. For anyone in Europe, these were 2-3 hour classes held in the middle of the night (evening in the USA). Attending from 1-4am is a bit rough, IMO.

That said, if your schedule permits, it's a decent credit opportunity for this who can take it.

That is true Rachel I recommend any one who need RA credits to take this opportunity it completely free for 7 credits, is very important to participate in the zoom meeting to get enrolled.

In progress:
Completed:
For those of you who completed these courses in a previous cohort, do you need to be on camera during the zoom classes? I’m thinking of doing this, but the set times are during dinner and my kids’ bedtime routines, so I’m curious if I could make this work. If I don’t have to be onscreen for the three hour classes, that might work.
At least in the previous cohort I was in, most students were never on camera during the evening class and the mics were muted unless you needed to ask a question. Several students made dinner and/or put kids to bed during class. I only know this because sometimes someone forgot to mute their mic and you could hear pots and pans or rambunctious kids being herded off to bed.

Due to the nature of the program, they're pretty forgiving about things like that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just to update those who are interested in the courses for future. Apparently they refuse to offer it for those who are outside USA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 138 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,178 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,006 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,237 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,552 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 677 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,815 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,134 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,864 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,252 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM