Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freshman Composition??
Love the site, I've been studying For Freshman Composition w/o essay using IC and Air Force Peterson Site. Has anyone taken this lately with some Tips and are these two sites enough to pass:confused:
This was an easy test.

I studied using the CLEP study guide and taking 1 practice exam. I have been out of high school for 13 years and havent taken any english up to that point. I passed with flying colors. Using these online resoources you should do fine.
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
anybody else have any comments, I take this in 2 days and hope that IC and the Peterson site will be enough?????????:confused:
I took this exam in 1994 on a whim when in talking to an academic advisor, with no prep at all and scored a 63, I don't know if this helps you at all but you should do fine.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
How was the A&I lit clep?
Long, tedious, they only one I finished with less than 10 minutes to spare but very do-able. There again I just took the clep after I was scheduled for dsst organizational behavior. This exam is reading and comprehension, know different literary terms as well. There is a specific feedback, but I didn't prepare for it, I think if I had I would have said no way and not taken it.
Judy -
Took the Freshman Composition w/o essay and didn't even finish. 90 qusetions in 90 minutes is tough. Don't think I passed. Anyone Know an online english course that is self paced?
I am sorry you don't think you passed mine was paperbased as well, but they all were back then. Depending on where you are going I don't believe that Excelsior will apply the Freshman composition course as the Writtern English requirement. Hopefully you did better than you think you did, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Judy -
jec959 Wrote:I am sorry you don't think you passed mine was paperbased as well, but they all were back then. Depending on where you are going I don't believe that Excelsior will apply the Freshman composition course as the Writtern English requirement. Hopefully you did better than you think you did, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I just got my official evaluation today from Excelsior and they gave me 3 credits in the Humanities area for my Freshman Compositon CLEP (of which I scored a 62 by the way). They didn't give me credit for the written English area.

Hope this helps.
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
Just got the results and I passed with a 52. Would have bet money, lots of money , that i bombed it bad. Pass is a pass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 819 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 12 2,357 03-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  UNC-Wilmington freshman wins $100K... bjcheung77 11 1,232 03-14-2022, 02:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,653 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TEL language and composition Cofffeee 2 812 01-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,173 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CLEP English Composition tomorrow aksalamander 32 6,093 05-03-2019, 03:43 AM
Last Post: aaryan101
  Questions on College Composition FishNDip 14 3,031 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Dsst Advanced English Composition study guide Reemtouah 4 1,958 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DSST Advanced English Composition erinp88 19 10,790 01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Reemtouah