Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many tests a day or week??!!!
I have been following this site for a while and am now looking to take some tests. I have been going to TESC last year but will do the rest by testing out and then enroll at COSC.
The problem is that i live in Europe for the next year or so and taking a Clep or Dantes here is not easy. Basically the only place reasonable is in the UK and it cost too much. Plus they only offer testing 2 days a year!!

SO i will coming over this fall for 2 weeks and taking as many tests as i can. I will be in either NYC or Portland, OR.
Is there a limit on how many test i take at a site per day? I think i remember one have a rule about 2 a day. If i took some easy ones i was hoping to do 3+. So i was thinking about doing 2 at one site and then going to another in the afternoon and doing another there....

ALso do sites charge thier own test fees as well as the Clep and Dantes test fees....

Thanks for any info you can give....

Richard in Norway
A friend of mine who doesn't like to pay for gas for the hour drive to our nearest CLEP testing center has taken three in a day once (micro and macroeconomics, and social sciences/history--12 credit hours). The administrator didn't care, so unless she was simply ignorant of it, there must not be a rule against taking three in a day. Also, I am going to attempt to complete all of my TESC degree requirements by July (to graduate in September), and when I told the administrator at a local college that he said that I could take up to 4 (!) Dantes tests on the single testing date he has each month. I'm not going to attempt that, because I think it'd be pretty stupid of me when I don't need to, but it is available should I want to do that.

Oh, and yes, most sites do charge an administration fee. Usually $10-$15, though one place (University of Idaho :-P) was going to charge me $25 per test because I wasn't a student of the college.
I would think that it would be optimal for you to limit yourself to two a day, especially if you're going to be taking them every day for two weeks!

This way, you can separate the tests by some length of time; say, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. Sure, some of the tests are easy, but you still want to make sure you're fully focused and sharp. You take too many of them back to back, and you may find it hard to concentrate.

Plus, by separating each one by a few hours, that gives you enough time to quickly run through our materials once, and whatever other resources you may be using. You want the material to be fresh in your mind when you take the test.

Studying for all of the tests before you take any of them will probably work out really well, because there's a lot of overlap between subjects and what you learn on one test may help you with another.

Good luck!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,650 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 927 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Online course / hours per week katsiki 6 1,006 03-31-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: katsiki
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 973 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Studying on a Schedule, week by week RedBeardVII 11 1,304 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Last Post: wow
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,312 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,513 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  AP2 in 2 week? 2L8 2 835 11-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Last Post: 2L8
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 851 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,547 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa