Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im under 21 but i really want to go to TESC :(
im only 19 year old.and my highest education is highschool diploma.
i have no college credit to transfer.but im planning to take CLEP,DSST,FEMA as much and as soon as i can.

i already sent an email to the TESC admission and tell them about my condition and they said that i should send an email to the director of admission and gain permission from him to waive the police.
i also should write a petition and make him sure that im a good candidate.

anybody here that ever went through this?
and how you did it?

or anybody here have any idea what should i write in the petition to make him sure?
because i really promise to my self if i get accepted,i wont waste it away.
and will push my self harder to graduate as soon as i can Smile

anyone please help :willynilly:
WHy don;t you go to Excelsior? its cheaper and you will get a GPA
My daughter completed her requirements for her AA at Charter Oak last month. 17 years and 3 months old.

Shawn
perriquit Wrote:WHy don;t you go to Excelsior? its cheaper and you will get a GPA

i want a bachelor in psychology. and i found out that excelsior doesn't offer that degree Sad
Shawn A Wrote:My daughter completed her requirements for her AA at Charter Oak last month. 17 years and 3 months old.

Shawn

aww really? Congratulations!!! cheersmate

yes i really want to go to COSC but then i figured out that they required a 6 semester of english class to international students.
well,i already sent them email.but i still haven't got the reply till now
COSC is my second choice Big Grin
My wife was 19 when she enrolled at TESC (she was 20 when she actually graduated). I didn't even know they had such a policy until she attempted to enroll. At first, we met a real brick wall, but after multiple conversations with high up people at TESC I stumblled upon the material point: the ability to do college work like an adult. I at some point mentioned that she *already* had more than 60 credits (about 8 at a community college and the rest via CLEP and DSSTs). When I said that, it was like a magic wand had been waved: their tune changed entirely and they waived the age requirement almost immediately. Your mileage may vary, of course, and that was three years ago, but that was what worked for us.

Good luck to you.

Edit: She was actually 18 when she enrolled and 19 when she graduated.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
reeraiden Wrote:i want a bachelor in psychology. and i found out that excelsior doesn't offer that degree Sad
Yes they do. Where did you hear that?

https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_Coll...beral_Arts
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

I have already emailed you this, but I will post it here for anyone else who wants to know.

I am 16 and I applied to TESC when I had 87 credits. The more credits you have the most likely you are to be accepted. I would try to apply a month before the deadline to sign up for your first class. The deadline snuck up on me, but I barely made it. They accepted me about two weeks after I wrote my appeal. In my appeal I included my age, credits, and GPA for the online courses I took. I explained why I wanted to go through TESC and why I was a good canidate. My appeal wasn't long. Only half a page.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,459 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,378 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,782 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,757 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,344 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,911 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,983 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77