Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
max evaluations
Hey everyone. So I know tesu has a 2 limit evaluation. I enrolled into the medical terminology tecep for $52. I then transferred a bunch of courses from Sophia and SDC. So, apparently they won’t evaluate my transcript until I actually start the course? (I wasn’t planning on actually taking the course) The advisor said the term begins May 1 so I would have to wait 10 days after that to be evaluated and then wait for them to actually evaluate? (which as you all know takes time). This is driving me crazy. I transferred so many courses. I hate being in limbo like this… I believe I have the cornerstone left once everything clears and is placed into the correct categories… I just want to see the updated evaluation NOW to make sure all my ducks are in a row. Is there a way to change the start date for this course to April 1? Or some way to get the evaluation done now instead of waiting for potentially another month?
You do not have to take the TECEP. You do have to wait until the next term starts. If you purchase a TECEP in March, you wait until April. If you buy in April, you must wait until May. Unfortunately, there is no way around this, which is why we usually advise students to pay for the TECEP as soon as they are relatively certain that they'll get a TESU degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-15-2023, 07:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You do not have to take the TECEP. You do have to wait until the next term starts. If you purchase a TECEP in March, you wait until April. If you buy in April, you must wait until May. Unfortunately, there is no way around this, which is why we usually advise students to pay for the TECEP as soon as they are relatively certain that they'll get a TESU degree.
I figured as such. Welp, that sucks for me. I am so impatient. I don’t know how I’m going to wait until then  Dodgy
Yes, it's a waiting game for evaluations and you'll just have to wait it out. Having said that, if you want to be more proactive instead of waiting, you may want to link us to your credits. I'm not sure if you filled in the template or last post addendum, but for those who have, we usually recommend providing a list of courses completed and for which degree they're looking at. If you have the time, you may want to do just that, some members/moderators here will know where the courses will hit and if it will complete the requirements or not. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Have you already posted all of your credits here, and said what degree you're wanting. We can usually give you an eval for free that comes pretty darn close to what TESU will provide. I do it all the time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-16-2023, 03:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Have you already posted all of your credits here, and said what degree you're wanting.  We can usually give you an eval for free that comes pretty darn close to what TESU will provide.  I do it all the time.
No I haven’t done that yet. Here’s all my info. Not sure where I’m suppose to post it? 

BACS 

Just so you are aware earth and the environment came in as EAS101 and environmental science came in as ENS200 so they both counted towards natural science and computer science 6SH category. 

Also all of these courses have been completed and just waiting to transfer. I hate being in limbo like this. 

Expository Writing I
12/01/09
B
ENC-101

WRT201
English Comp II
12/01/10
B
ENC-10

CMST101
Fund Speech Comm Requirement
12/01/12
A
COM-10

Topics Math Lib Arts
12/01/09
D
MAT-10

Intro Int Relations
12/01/09
B
POS-23

MUGN100
Introduction to Music
12/01/12
A
MUS-10

GNHU115
Troy and the Trojan War
12/01/12
B+
HUM-19

EAES107
Earth & the Environment
12/01/12
B
EAS-10

MATH103
The Development of Math
12/01/12
B-
MAT-10

PHR102
Contemporary Moral Issues
12/01/10
B+
PHI-286

LAN115
Arabic I
12/01/10
B
ARA-101

General Psychology
12/01/09
B
PSY-10

PSY102
Abnormal Psychology
12/01/10
A
PSY-23

Sophia 

Calculus 1 
Environmental science
Financial accounting 
Human Biology 
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Information Technology 
Introduction to Java Programming 
Introduction to Python Programming 
Macroeconomics 
Microeconomics 
Principles of Finance
Project Management 
U.S history 1 
Visual communications

SDC

Math 108 - Discrete mathematics
Political Science 102 - American Government 
Computer science 303- Database Management 
Computer science 306 - computer architecture 
Business 109 - intro to computing 
Business 303 - management information systems 
Computer science 201 - data structure & algorithms 
Computer science 302 - system analysis & design 
Computer science 105 - introduction to operating systems 

EDX

information literacy micro-bachelors

Saylor

Computer science 302 - software engineering

Thank you! 
A couple of questions:
1) Did Intro Int Relations come in as meeting the Diversity requirement? If not, then you'd need to meet that requirement
2) When did you take American Govt at SDC? Because if it was after 8/31/2020, then it does not count for your Civic Engagement requirement, and you'll still need to do that (you can take the CLEP exam, you can take SDC's POLS 103: Comparative Politics, you can take Saylor's POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought or POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics)

Other than that, everything looks good. You should be fine to go ahead and sign up for the capstone and do that and be done.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-16-2023, 07:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A couple of questions:
1) Did Intro Int Relations come in as meeting the Diversity requirement? If not, then you'd need to meet that requirement
2) When did you take American Govt at SDC? Because if it was after 8/31/2020, then it does not count for your Civic Engagement requirement, and you'll still need to do that (you can take the CLEP exam, you can take SDC's POLS 103: Comparative Politics, you can take Saylor's POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought or POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics)

Other than that, everything looks good.  You should be fine to go ahead and sign up for the capstone and do that and be done.
Yes intro to int relations met the diversity requirement. 

Omg nooo that sucks about American government. I don’t know where I saw that it would count for civic engagement. It must have been an older thread and I didn’t check updates. Damn it. I’ve never taken a Clep exam before… is it difficult? How are they structured? Maybe I’ll just take another SDC course. 

Wow so other than those 2 I should be good to take capstone which I’m scared about ? I can’t believe it!

(04-16-2023, 07:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A couple of questions:

Other than that, everything looks good.  You should be fine to go ahead and sign up for the capstone and do that and be done.

What about American government at straighterline?
I will never tell someone to take a SL course, I hated them - awful. Plus expensive.

Go to Saylor, it's free to take the courses, and $5 to take a final exam. I'd take one, see if you can pass, if you fail, take the other one, and if you fail that, I'd prob take the actual course of the one you got the higher score on and retake the final. Make sure you take the Direct Credit Final Exam.

If you still have time left on your monthly membership at SDC, you could take that course. If you still have time on Sophia, they are supposed to come out with American Gov any day now, so you could take that.

But honestly, Saylor is a great cheap option.
(04-16-2023, 08:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I will never tell someone to take a SL course, I hated them - awful.  Plus expensive.

Go to Saylor, it's free to take the courses, and $5 to take a final exam.  I'd take one, see if you can pass, if you fail, take the other one, and if you fail that, I'd prob take the actual course of the one you got the higher score on and retake the final.  Make sure you take the Direct Credit Final Exam.

If you still have time left on your monthly membership at SDC, you could take that course.  If you still have time on Sophia, they are supposed to come out with American Gov any day now, so you could take that.

But honestly, Saylor is a great cheap option.
Hmmm maybe I’ll hold off and wait for Sophia. Where can I keep up to date with when American gov will come out on Sophia? Any day now like within a week or a month?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 3,544 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No more evaluations until you ENROLL for a course thecontrarian 6 972 02-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Academic Evaluations "What If" Option bjcheung77 11 1,549 06-14-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Student87