Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
max evaluations
(04-26-2023, 02:56 PM)techmama Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 01:40 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 01:37 PM)techmama Wrote: Can someone please take a look at my evaluation above and see if there is a way to rearrange some courses so that I don’t have to take software engineering at saylor as an UL comp sci elective? I’ve failed it twice. I’m so frustrated. I googled the stuff I got wrong after the exam and it’s showing that I answered correctly. Is there ANYTHING else besides TESU software engineering I can take? I just signed up for the capstone today so I’m ALMOST at the finish line. I can’t believe I’m stumbling over this.
Is there a particular reason you do not want to take it through TESU like the price or something?
Because If cost isn’t a concern I would definitely recommend doing it through TESU, and highly recommend Jason Litz.
Yes mostly cost. (Just paid for the capstone and need to pay the residency waiver fee) Also, for some reason I feel like if I can’t even pass the saylor final how am I going to pass TESU’s course? I would assume it would be more difficult. I don’t know.
Yes I can definitely understand that. Fwiw I’ve never attempted anything on Saylor that wasn’t difficult.
Do you have the "extended" TADA catalogue?

If you do, and assuming it's available, I've just been reminded that the IBM Full Stack Software Developer Professional Certificate should transfer in as (among other things) CLD-420 Architecting Cloud Solutions and should count toward the UL credits needed for a Comp Sci degree. If you don't have access to that for free, you should be able to complete it in just 1-2 months.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pach
(04-28-2023, 03:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Do you have the "extended" TADA catalogue?

If you do, and assuming it's available, I've just been reminded that the IBM Full Stack Software Developer Professional Certificate should transfer in as (among other things) CLD-420 Architecting Cloud Solutions and should count toward the UL credits needed for a Comp Sci degree. If you don't have access to that for free, you should be able to complete it in just 1-2 months.
I’m sorry but what is the TADA catalogue?
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ni-Academy
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(04-28-2023, 08:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ni-Academy

I think I found it. Is it suppose to be $38.99 a month?
The American Dream Academy is free. If you don't have it or if the certificate isn't included, yes, it's $39/mo. for that one. https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...-developer
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(04-28-2023, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The American Dream Academy is free. If you don't have it or if the certificate isn't included, yes, it's $39/mo. for that one. https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...-developer

Would the certificate have to be under TADA, or can it be completed under any program? I haven't used TADA yet, so I'm unsure how their program works, but I may enroll in the future, depending on if California renews its Coursera funding to its libraries.
(04-28-2023, 10:16 AM)Pach Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The American Dream Academy is free. If you don't have it or if the certificate isn't included, yes, it's $39/mo. for that one. https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...-developer

Would the certificate have to be under TADA, or can it be completed under any program? I haven't used TADA yet, so I'm unsure how their program works, but I may enroll in the future, depending on if California renews its Coursera funding to its libraries.

TADA is simply a way for US residents to get free access to (some) Coursera certificates. These certificates do not have to be completed through TADA. You can pay for them yourself or use an employer program to pay for the Coursera certificates. If you have access through California, feel free to use the California one.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pach
(04-28-2023, 10:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 10:16 AM)Pach Wrote:

TADA is simply a way for US residents to get free access to (some) Coursera certificates. These certificates do not have to be completed through TADA. You can pay for them yourself or use an employer program to pay for the Coursera certificates. If you have access through California, feel free to use the California one.

Thank you! Yes, under California it looks like it's listed as "Included in your organization's learning program", so I'll definitely be taking that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 3,544 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No more evaluations until you ENROLL for a course thecontrarian 6 972 02-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Academic Evaluations "What If" Option bjcheung77 11 1,549 06-14-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Student87