Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice with Accounting Credit
I already graduate from College and I do not have accounting degree. I just want to meet the accounting credit to sit for the CPA and I am trying to get free tuition.  I want to do all the courses by online. I heard about CLEP introduction to Financial Accounting cost $89 for the test. Do someone have free courses I can take to fulfill the requirement for CPA? If those courses is not free tuition, how much it will charge for tuition? How I can transfer those credit to regional school? thanks.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Depending on the state you live in, CLEP or free courses may not work to make you eligible to sit for the CPA exam. Your best best is an undergraduate certificate in accounting, like this one offered by the University of Virginia:

https://www.scps.virginia.edu/certificat...accounting
(03-26-2019, 08:16 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: I already graduate from College and I do not have accounting degree. I just want to meet the accounting credit to sit for the CPA and I am trying to get free tuition.  I want to do all the courses by online. I heard about CLEP introduction to Financial Accounting cost $89 for the test. Do someone have free courses I can take to fulfill the requirement for CPA? If those courses is not free tuition, how much it will charge for tuition? How I can transfer those credit to regional school? thanks.
It may depend on the requirements for your state. In the past, I've seen people online complain that ACE credits wouldn't be accepted for the CPA educational requirements worksheet. If you roll those into an accounting degree, you may be able to meet some requirements.

You can email the people responsible for credit evaluation decisions and ask for advice. They may be able to give you some direction even if they're reluctant to give away cheaper roads to qualifications.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I would look for post-Degree Certificate programs which qualify a person to meet the 150 credit hour rule many states require in order to sit for the CPA exam.  There are online programs such as:       

http://catalog.tri-c.edu/programs/accoun...cate/#text   

This program is available online.  The in-instate Tuition is fairly cheap. Not sure what they would charge to an online student from another state.    

The general college website for this program is:  http://www.tri-c.edu.    Hope this helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,548 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 438 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,570 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 312 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks