Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rant for today......
So I go to take my test today...... and the lady decides she wants to go to lunch. She forgot my appt was at 11:15, NOT 11:00. I live in Pensacola so besides the base which only gives Dantes exams and UWF which is on the other side of town, my only option is to deal with PJC testing center and their restricted hours. She always has me waiting and i have no other choice but to go to them. I hate this crap. So now I have to continue through the weekend until next Tuesday still studying and waiting to take this test (Intro to Ed Psych) until I can get to take my exam. So hope everyone had a better friday than me........:mad:
Feel Better? Smile

You have twits like this no matter where you go, don't give them the benefit of a second thought. Next time, show up 30 minutes early and spend the time studying any final notes you may have taken. This way there's less chance for her to make more excuses. Stay positive and don't let it impede you reaching your goal. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Thank you for that, I appreciate the uplifting words. The thing is that this was my lunch hour. With so many restrictions at work, I have just enough time to run up there at lunch, take my test, and get back to work. I guess that's why it irritated me so much. The first time, she was late coming back, but I was off that day so I didn't care as much. Its just this lady seems to have no regards for anyone's time, and I don't have any other choice. After tuesday, I am going to just study two exams at a time and wait until my day off and take them.
iwannapass Wrote:So I go to take my test today...... and the lady decides she wants to go to lunch. She forgot my appt was at 11:15, NOT 11:00. I live in Pensacola so besides the base which only gives Dantes exams and UWF which is on the other side of town, my only option is to deal with PJC testing center and their restricted hours. She always has me waiting and i have no other choice but to go to them. I hate this crap. So now I have to continue through the weekend until next Tuesday still studying and waiting to take this test (Intro to Ed Psych) until I can get to take my exam. So hope everyone had a better friday than me........:mad:
When I hear stories like this I am so lucky that we have the testing center that we do and it makes me appreciate it more. Kelly is always on time, goes out of her way to accommodate my husband and myself and has even offered to let us test on the day she is there but doesn't do testing. When we go in she has a calming influence and is always pleasant and upbeat. She's the best and we tell her so. When we are finished with all our testing we plan on writing a letter to her boss on how great she was.

Is there a way you could find out who this woman's boss is and write a letter to them explaining what has been happening to you? Is it possible for you to drive a little further and take your tests on Saturday instead? I know it will eat up a chunk of your weekend but it might help to eliminate some of the unnecessary stress that you have to be feeling. Just some thoughts. I wish you good luck with your situation!
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Well since its so small here, I don't have any other options. I am going to voice my opinion to the school because I am not the only one that's had that problem. It really makes me want to move sooner. I feel restricted when it comes to taking my exams. My only resort is to use my vacation days and take multiple tests in a day. I am going to take this last one tuesday and figure out a different plan of action. I am happy you don't have to go through with this. Good luck with your continued studies......I keep telling myself that maybe I wasn't ready for the test since everything happens for a "good" reason....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 650 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Udemy-Practical Ethical Hacking course-today Imbanewbie 4 1,378 04-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Snow Day! No school today! bjcheung77 0 890 01-15-2020, 01:37 PM
  FREE Udemy - Learn Python Programming! (Free offer ends today!) bjcheung77 2 1,028 01-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  my book is free today! cookderosa 2 1,006 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Purdue University President remarks at 2019 commencement on today' Snowflake students Life Long Learning 2 1,221 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Today is my penultimate day at Boeing. dewisant 4 1,263 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: icampy
  New baby in the world today jsd 11 2,208 09-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Today's the last day to get your WINDOWS 10 upgrade FREE! Get it by Midnight! bjcheung77 2 967 07-29-2016, 07:35 PM
  Giving my first college lecture today.... rebel100 12 2,689 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Last Post: RebelPlatypus