68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Seems filled with Ivy League and Engineering Schools (Harvard #3, MIT #1). I think the most interesting is #2, the US Merchant Marine Academy. The Merchant Marine Academy is almost vo tech in nature with plenty of hands on training experience. The instruction centers on either logistics, or...wait for it...Engineering, in this case seagoing/ship related. While students are technically part of the US Navy as underclassmen, they serve out their obligation individually by showing continued proof of employment in an industry related to maritime transport activities and as a reservist.

https://www.usmma.edu/after-graduation
"Life After the Academy
As a Kings Point graduate, you can be sure of two things:

You will have plenty of career choices.
You will be fully prepared to make the most of your career opportunities.

You're in Demand

Employers like to hire Kings Point graduates because of their leadership abilities, self-discipline, practical experience, problem-solving skills and professional expertise. Virtually 100 percent of our graduates obtain well-paying employment within six months of commencement -- with the majority at work within three months, and most with offers of employment before graduation day.

Moreover, Kings Point provides the tools for your long-term success. A Standard and Poor's report on the education of America's senior business managers, for example, places the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy 18th in the nation among the top 550 colleges and universities producing Presidents, Vice Presidents and Directors of U.S. companies, in proportion to numbers of graduates.
You'll have Options

No other federal service academy offers you the career options of Kings Point. You may choose to seek your opportunity as a ship's officer at sea, ashore in the maritime and intermodal transportation field, or as an active duty officer in one of the Armed Forces. Since the Federal Government has provided your education at Kings Point, you will have a service obligation when you graduate -- in the maritime and/or transportation industry, and to Armed Forces Reserve duty."
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Look at all the State Merchant Marine Colleges also:patriot:. They are living jobs not coffee making degrees!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I assumed USMM Academy was free if you get in, is that the case?
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I think all the Federal ones are including USMM free. The State ones you need to pay, but Maine Maritime Academy has a 95% job placement before graduation in a real job. Does your local college/university have that.Confusedmilelol:
rebel100 Wrote:I assumed USMM Academy was free if you get in, is that the case?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

rebel100 Wrote:I assumed USMM Academy was free if you get in, is that the case?

It is! Of the military academies, it has the best acceptance rate (18%)
From memory, I was sure they had a service requirement. I'd have to check.
It's weird, the USMM web pages don't seem to load properly for me. Computer seems perfectly fine otherwise.

I think it is a reserve obligation (militarily speaking)

"Reserve Military Duty -
In order to comply with your service obligation
you must apply for and accept an appointment
as a commissioned officer in the U.S.
Naval Reserve, U.S. Coast Guard Reserve, or
any other Reserve unit of an armed force of
the United States. With the recommendation
of the Officer-In-Charge, Department of Naval
Science, and the Academy superintendent,
you will receive your appointment at graduation.
Although officer appointment applications
may be made to any armed force, the majority
of graduates will be appointed as ensigns in
the Merchant Marine Reserve, U.S. Naval
Reserve. After appointment as Ensign, USNR,
you must perform satisfactorily in the Naval
Reserve for eight years. An individual’s
requirements and options under this program
will vary depending on whether the graduate
is working at sea or ashore. Details will be
provided by the Naval Science Department
either through their course of instruction or
upon request"
AS in EMS August 2010

An old story about the USMM Academy:
Merchant marine gets experience | Columbia County News-Times
Because his education is paid for by the federal government, Chrjapin has an obligation to serve five years as a merchant marine, most likely working aboard merchant vessels such as oil tankers, cargo ships, tugboats or other civilian-operated vessels, and must spend time in the Naval Reserve.

Here it is on the USMM Academy Website: https://www.usmma.edu/admissions/applica...obligation
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 123 10 hours ago
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 467 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 703 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 833 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 394 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
  From struggling academically to earning a Ph.D bjcheung77 0 316 05-22-2023, 06:19 PM
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 718 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 664 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Average Salaries Of College Graduates 2023 LevelUP 0 509 02-01-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Top 10 Feeder Schools for 100 Tech Companies sanantone 13 3,692 12-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone